16. Are you gonna punish me now?

By midnight, I still couldn't sleep, but thinking it was safe to come out, I left my bedroom, to throw away my leftovers and get a glass of water. I nearly screeched when, in the dark, I saw something moving in the living room.

"No noises past midnight." I heard Lukas' voice grumble from the couch.

I sighed out of relief for a moment, then scoffed. "You scared me." Good thing I didn't drop the glass that was in my hand. "What are you doing on the couch in the dark anyway?" I asked, heading into the kitchen.

"What does it look like I'm doing?"

"What, your bed is otherwise occupied?" I scoffed, throwing away my leftovers and placing the dirty glass into the sink. I squinted my eyes when Lukas turned on the lights in the kitchen. "Ow, I didn't need to get any blinder." I covered them with my hand, trying to make my way to the door, but instead of the wall, I found his granite abs. Was he naked?

"My bed is empty," Lukas claimed, and I yelped when he gripped my hips and pulled me into him, "unless you want a spot in it."

Normally, I would have felt aroused, but he did just cancel our agreement by sleeping with another girl, so. "You really need to see a specialist." I scoffed, pulling back from his touch. "And, next time you wanna bring a girl home, a fair warning would be appreciated." I spat, heading out of the kitchen.

"A girl?" Lukas repeated, seemingly confused. "What are you talking about?"

I rolled my eyes. "There's no need to pretend, I heard her voice."

"Hold on," Lukas grabbed my arm to stop me, "what did you hear exactly?"

"Enough." I scoffed, not even turning around.

"Unlikely," the jerk laughed.

I shrugged off his hand, taking a step back. "Well, I don't care. The point is, I don't need to be in ear range, so you can at least text me or something."

"Then what?" Lukas wondered, unmoving. "If I told you I had a girl over, what would you do?"

"I would find another place to be for a few hours." I rolled my eyes. "I could have a friend come pick me up."

"Only an hour ago you said you don't have friends."

"Well, I met one last week." Ugh, that was so lame. Like, 12-year-old level. I don't even know if Sean and I are actually friends. We've seen each other two times and just this afternoon I left him stranded without a word. I texted him earlier, though, making up an excuse, saying I wasn't feeling well, and luckily he didn't seem offended. Actually, he was happy he finally got my number.

"You met what?" Lukas frowned, seemingly confused.

"Nothing." I sighed, wanting to disappear into my room as fast as possible, feeling embarrassed. I wish there was a rewind button that could allow me to undo the damage every time. I say such stupid things around Lukas, as if we were really close enough for me to act stupidly. He probably repeats everything to his friends and they all laugh of me. I wouldn't be surprised.

"Wait," he called just as I was about to enter the hallway that would take me to my bedroom.

"What?" I stopped walking but still gave him my back.

"Was it a guy or a girl?"

My eyebrows furrowed. I turned around to look at him, wondering whether he was joking or what. "What difference does it make?"

He shrugged. "I'm just asking." He took a step closer and I took one backwards, which made me end up, guess where? Against the wall. Surprise, surprise. He didn't even touch me, but his sole presence just a few inches away from me was enough to not only feel the heat, but also to keep me rooted in my place. "I should know, shouldn't I?" He claimed.