2. A quiet roommate

I woke up to the loud sound of music blasting through the apartment. I recognized Three Days Grace right off the bat, and smiled for a moment. Then I frowned. Because it was freaking 7 in the morning. You do not dare wake me up at this ungodly hour on my day off unless you're ready to die of a slow and painful death.

I rolled out of bed, livid, put my glasses on, and stomped my barefooted way to the kitchen, ready to strangle my new roommate. How could I even dare hope he would indeed be a silent person to live with? It's not even been 24 hours.

I stopped in my tracks when, by mid-living room, I caught an unusual sight in the kitchen. Lukas Bennet amongst stoves. I didn't even know he could cook, I thought he had a personal chef that prepared everything his spoiled stomach may desire. I mean, when it comes to the Bennets, we're talking 'they have a butler' kind of rich.

I took slow steps towards the kitchen, and as I neared him, I realized that indeed, I do have a roommate, and he happens to be one of the most handsome, one of the hottest guys I've ever seen in my entire life. The kind of beauty you only see in movies. The kind of beauty that, one, is blinding in the early morning, two, rubs salt in the wound by reminding you that you haven't had sex in nine months. Damn hormones.

"Good morning, Sunshine!" Lukas greeted cheerfully when he spotted me at the entrance. "Slept well?"

I grimaced at his overly perky tone. No one is that cheerful in the early morning. Is he a psychopath on top of being a pervert and a stalker? "You're dead, Bennet." I growled, trying to think of a reason why did I accept in my home someone that, clearly, doesn't understand the meaning of boundaries.

He laughed as he placed pancakes in a plate. "Come on, it's not that early."

"Are you kidding me?! It's fucking 7 on a fucking Sunday morning!"

"Exactly."

As I walked up to the island, behind which he stood, I muttered curses under my breath, but Lukas merely laughed. How can he be so cheerful at this hour is beyond me, but then, I'm not a morning person, whereas he seems to be rather the early riser. It wouldn't surprise me if he was one of those sports nuts that go jogging before the sun has even risen.

Case in point, when I got close enough, I saw he was wearing basketball shorts. He didn't look like someone that just came from an early morning run, though. He looked as fresh as a daisy. Probably the type that doesn't even sweat much, while I'm all soaked after 10 minutes of workout.

When I sat down, he handed me a plate of eggs I frowned at. "What's this?"

"Looks like breakfast to me." Lukas winked. "If you don't like eggs, there are pancakes left. Or I can make you waffles. You seem like the waffles type." He shrugged, going back to the stoves to check on another portion of eggs.

I blinked my eyes, eyeing my plate suspiciously. That, I did not see coming. Should I think he put something in it? "I don't eat breakfast." I pointed out, pushing the plate away from me.

"That's bad. You should. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day." He claimed, turning back to me.

I rolled my eyes. I must have heard that phrase a billion times in my life. "Whatever. I only drink green tea." That's also for diet purposes, but I'll never tell him that. Damn Kevin and his pastries, I must have put on at least 10 pounds over the summer. Normally I wouldn't care, but I've worked really hard to slim down.

I know, I know, I should accept myself for what I am and all that ... I do, seriously, but I also wish not to throw out of the window all the efforts I put into losing weight over the years. Also, I'm the type of girl that expands fast, so pounds call pounds, and it's all too easy for me to go from soft love handles to 'you look pregnant' kind of fat.