We started off looking through a Valentino store. What did I know about Valentino? All I saw was big numbers on pricetags and I wasn't happy with that. The dresses weren't too bad but I was certain I could find these exact clothes in some rundown store, down town somewhere.

"How about this one?" Aisha held up a short white dress with black sequins along the neckline.

"Who's going to pay $2500 for that?" I asked.

"Me."

"You shop like this all the time?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Sometimes. Do you like the dress or not?"

"No! The price is crazy too."

Aisha closed her eyes for a moment.

"This is going to be a long day." She said.

And I agreed.

Aisha looked through another rack then picked out a white and gold jumpsuit.

"How's this?" She asked.

"I don't like the loose fabric." I said.

"You're right. It's not good for an outdoor party in this weather." She put it back.

'Phew!'

"Let's go look in another store." Aisha linked our arms. "And then we can talk about how you and Justin met."

We went to a Versace store next and I made the mistake of reading the name out loud. Aisha laughed at me hard for pronouncing it 'Versus'.

As we looked for some dresses (Aisha in search of the most extravagant and I in search of the cheapeast), I answered her questions about me and Justin. When she wasn't hung up on designer clothes, Aisha was really nice and... human.

"With a history like that, you really are deserving of luxury now, Dileah." She said to me. "You deserve the fine things in life."

I smiled.

"I get spoiled enough by Justin."

"And now you have me to spoil you too. And when you and Justin have kids, I'll be spoiling them too."

I chuckled.

"Please don't."

"I'm going to be their favourite auntie." She smiled and clasped her hands together.

I shook my head at her and went to look through a rack for something.

"Pattie says you and Justin are looking to adopt?" She joined me at the rack.

"Yeah." I chuckled nervously.

"That's a lovely thing to do for someone. I'd know. I'm still grateful to Dona and John for taking me in. My life is way better than I could've ever imagined because of them." She smiled warmly.

"Was the adoption process long?" I asked.

"Only because they were taking me out of my home country. Passport applications and all of that were involved so..."

I nodded.

"You don't have to worry about a delay though, if you're adopting within the country." She assured me. "Are you excited?"

"More nervous. I don't know what's required of me exactly, even though Pattie's already given me an idea of what to expect."

"You need to be really prepared. You and Justin have some social worker ass to kiss."

"Really?" I asked.

Aisha nodded.

"They can be fussy and want things to be perfect for the children they represent. Dona and John had to relocate because their original home wasn't good enough."