Chapter 6|Go hug a cactus you asshole

Start from the beginning

"Mr Martinez?"She said, gesturing for him to explain.

He sighed dramatically. "What she said,"he replied, patting my head.

I batted his hand away.

"I still don't believe you,"she said, blankly.

"For gods sake,"I muttered under my breath.

"How the hell did you get hired?"Ryan piped in suddenly.

"Excuse me?!"Mrs Hartley spluttered.

"Well you clearly have major trust issues, don't like teenagers and weigh more than a sumo wrestler, so how did you get hired?"

"I-I, that's personal information,"she stuttered.

"Sure, sure,"Ryan said, turning and waltzing toward the door.

"Where do you think you're going?"Mrs Hartley spat, the tips of her ears turning red.

"Detention,"he grinned,"you were going to send me there anyway,"he skipped out of the classroom, leaving me standing awkwardly with my hands clasped together.

I looked around the class and back at Mrs Hartley, then at the class again, unsure what to do. Tara coughed loudly to catch my attention. She pointed to me and then to the door.

"I uh...I'm just gonna go...yeah..."I muttered, shuffling out of the classroom.

As I walked down the corridor I subconsciously glanced behind me every few seconds, just to make sure that Mrs Hartley wasn't coming to run me down.

I wandered toward the detention room, not exactly knowing what to expect. I'd never had a detention before and I wasn't really looking forward to it either.

When I reached the door I was a little disturbed. Blocking the small window on the door was a sheet of paper roughly taped on the corners. It read 'FUCK YOU'. How welcoming.

I grabbed the doorknob and twisted it. The door didn't budge. I frowned, Ryan just said he was going to detention so surely the door wouldn't be locked. I tried again, using more force this time, still no luck. I huffed, blowing a few loose tendrils of hair from my face. I stared at the door for a few moments, analysing it. Then I got an idea. I felt my hair, locating a hard metal object. I pulled the bobby pin from my hair, crouching down beside the lock. I carefully twisted the bobby pin around in the lock, I'd had to do this once to get into my own house-Jasmine locked me out.

"Gotcha,"I cheered as I heard that satisfying click sound.

I stood up, brushing the imaginary dust from my jeans and shoving the bobby pin in my pocket. I twisted the handle again, but this time it was loose enough to open. The door swung on its hinges, revealing a bare looking classroom. There was a solid wooden desk set at the front of the room where I assumed a teacher would be, but there was no teacher to be found.

"Sunshine you made it!"

I swivelled my head around to see Ryan, along with Lee, Justin and Kyle.

I frowned. "No Alex?"

"Nah, his mom would kick his ass if he got a detention,"Justin replied,"she is one scary lady,"he shuddered.

"You only think she's scary because she chased you down the street with an umbrella,"Lee snickered.

"True story,"Kyle added before Justin could defend himself.

"So why didn't you guys just unlock the door for me?"I asked, sitting in between Kyle and Ryan.

"Now where's the fun in that, sunshine?"Ryan smirked.

I glared.

"How did you get in?"Kyle asked.