Chapter 1- Jessica

I have always been different from others. I always looked a few years younger than I actually was. I always hated that. Deep down I was a fireball buried deep within my 5 foot 2 inch petite frame. Everyone says I will appreciate that someday but I think thats a load of bull. I am a Junior in High School and 16 years old. I have blonde hair and blue eyes as deep as the sea, or at least that's what my Mom tells me. I am only child..well, that's what I tell everyone at least. When I was born, I was a twin. My twin brother, didn't make it into this world. Since my brother and I were born early, hence my shortness, my parent's weren't sure if they should have a funeral for me as well. That obviously didn't happen since I am here today, still living. Ever since I was 5, I have felt as though someone was watching me, but it wasn't the creepy watch, It felt homey and welcoming. I convinced myself it was my 'imaginary friend' and ironically I named him Jacob. Then a yell broke me out of my thoughts.

"Jess, wake up" my mom yelled. "It's time for school" I reluctantly hauled myself out of bed. I trudged downstairs where a bowl of cinnamon toast crunch greeted me. My mom ran her fingers through my messy hair. I pushed her hand away. "Mom, why did you wake me up? I was having a great dream" I said. "Oh really, and did this dream involve you marrying Captain America?" Mom teased. "Yeah, and we almost said our vows too" I said as a glass of iced coffee was placed on the table. Without coffee, I was dead in the morning. Mom walked off and I got dressed. I put on my 'nope' shirt, a pair of yoga pants, and by black vans. I straightened out my hair and finished getting ready. I waited for mom to get ready. I then heard a knock at the door. It was my friend Samantha. We gave her a ride to school every morning since she lived next door. Her sister rode the bus but only because her best friend, Emily, rode. Samantha and I piled in the back of the car and rode to school. The day dragged on with English, Algebra, History, Band, Art, and a pointless study hall. I practically ran out the door once the day was over. I got on the bus and went home. I collapsed on my bed exhausted from the day. My mom and Step-dad wouldn't be home until tonight. I began to fall asleep when there was a knock at my door.