Awkward and Weird

Grayson: Good morning Rose :) x

Rose: Yeah, it's not a bad one.

Grayson: You're annoying x

Rose: Don't talk to me then.

Grayson: I can't help it, there's something about you x

Grayson was actually around at school today. I saw him in the lunch hall and we had awkward eye contact. Obviously his mates don't know that he talks to me and my friends don't know that I talk to him. I still don't understand why Eleanor would give him my number though, but there's no way I'm asking her just in case it causes trouble.

"Gray, dude that girl in the year below is staring at you." I heard someone say.

"Who?" Grayson spoke, knowing it must be me.

His friend laughed, mumbled something inaudible to him and then pointed at me. I heard the next part and I wish I didn't.

"Oh right, bit weird." Grayson said. Those words hurt me. I hadn't been talking to Grayson for long, I play hard to get because I don't want him to mess me around but I have major feelings for him. How can't I? He's so perfect and effortlessly attractive. His eyes. His hair. His body. Everything. Ok Rose stop thinking about him. But he was obviously ashamed to be seen with me or talk to me when his friends are around. I felt so stupid and pathetic. I stood up and walked away.

That night, Grayson text me but I chose to ignore him for the night.

Grayson: Hey x

Grayson: Rose? X

Grayson: What's wrong? X

Grayson: I can see you're reading these x

Grayson: What's wrong Rose? Answer me x

Grayson: Ok, now you've stopped reading them x

He called me. I declined the call. He called again and again and again and again...

Grayson: What's up? What have I done? X

Grayson: Rose? X

Grayson: Fine, I'll see you tomorrow. Goodnight beautiful, sleep well. x

What. Why did he call me beautiful? It was probably to get a response from me. My insides tumbled at the thought of him calling me beautiful, even if it was to just get a response. But what if it wasn't just for a response, what if he genuinely thinks I'm beautiful? No, of course he doesn't. He'll say anything to any girl to get their attention.

I ignored him and went to bed. It was difficult to sleep.

Updated on 21st Dec for editing~