Chapter Twenty-Two: Facing Trail

It had been three months since the twins were born. They were healthy and happy. Sensei Wu couldn't tell what powers they may or may not inherit. He said the likelihood of them both inheriting their father's power was strong. There was a chance that one of them would receive Aira's power though.

Right now they were all gathered in a courtroom in New Ninjago City. Standing before them was the five offenders: Alita, Amaya, Chen, Clouse, and Camille. Camille had been sentenced to twenty years in the New Ninjago Penitentiary. Amaya had received twenty-five. Clouse and Chen were to be sent back to the cursed realm. And Alita was given a life sentence. Lloyd said she should've received the death penalty, but she was pregnant and the judges didn't want to punish the child by making it an orphan. Wu had offered to take the child in when it was born. The court agreed and all Alita could do was stand there. Because of her actions she was loosing her child. Ironic isn't it? She tried to take someone's child and ended up loosing hers. It was very sad really. But there are always consequences for your actions.

Aira watched this all with no joy. She was happy that her family would at least be safe but she was sad that these poor souls had become so far gone that there wasn't any second chances anymore. Before they led them off, Aira came up to them.

"What do you want?" Alita spat. "To mock us?"

"No," Aira said softly. "I came up here to forgive you."

"We don't need your forgiveness!" Alita said angrily.

"Never the less, you have it," Aira said. Then she turned to Amaya, "I thought of you as a friend once. When you prison time is up, come back. I'll accept you."

Amaya looked at her wide eyed and then began to cry.

"Why would you forgive me?" She asked sobbing. Alita rolled her eyes at her sisters emotions.

"Because I was once like you," Aira said. "And everyone deserves a second chance."

Amaya nodded and smiled at her. Then they were led away.

"I'm very proud of you," Garmadon said putting a hand on Aira's shoulder.

"I just followed Lloyd's example," she shrugged. "After all if he hadn't forgiven me two years ago then I wouldn't be married to him. Also Xavier and Julia wouldn't be here. Man it seems a lot longer than two years."

"I suppose not," Garmadon chuckled. "I talked to Wu about Alita's child. He said Zane has offered to adopt her. It's a girl I heard."

"Really? You know for a nindroid, Zane has a big heart."

"He really does. Since he can't have children of his own he decided a sibling for Kyle would be a good thing," Garmadon said. "I'm sure he will get custody. Ironic isn't it?"

"I was just thinking that," Aira said. "Who knows who else will be added the the family."

"We are getting to be a rather large family," Garmadon laughed. "I hope my memory stays intact otherwise I wouldn't be able to remember them all."

"Not to mention Skylor and Kai," Aira said smugly.

"What do you mean?"

"Nothing I suppose," Aira said smiling.

"Now you have to tell me," Garmadon said.

"I found a pregnancy test in Kai's room. I'm assuming it's Skylor's because it's not mine and I asked Nya. It's not Nya's."

"By Ninjago!" Garmadon said in an exasperated voice.

"You knew it was going to start happening eventually," Aira laughed. "They can't stay single ninja forever. And now we have the next generation of future elemental masters."

"I suppose but all at once?!"

"We're all the same age, Dad," she laughed. "So yes. All at once. That reminds me."

"Yes?"

"How did Zane get his elemental powers? He isn't human," Aira asked.

"Don't know," Garmadon shrugged. "Probably never will know."

"So how is his power supposed to be passed down," Aira asked.

"I guess we will find out when the time comes."

"What are you two up to?" Lloyd asked.

He was pushing the twins in a double stroller. Julia was sucking on her foot and Xavier was asleep.

"Just talking," Aira said. "About our big happy family."

"Speaking of which," Lloyd said. "Did you ask Skylor about-?"

"Not yet," Aira smiled. "I will later but for now let's go home."

With that she took Lloyd's and and they both pushed the stroller home. Aira couldn't be prouder of her family.

A/n- Aaaaaaannnd that's another wrap! Hope you've enjoyed this book! I will be continuing this but with more of a focus on the children! The first part of it will come out today so be on the look out for it. It's entitled: Future Elemental Masters. Comment, vote, but most of all enjoy! -LL_17