Chapter Twenty: Unexpected

"What kind of pain?" Lloyd asked less than calm.

"Same pain as contractions!" She yelled.

"Alright, I'm taking over," Ronin said rolling up his sleeves. "Everyone out! Well, everyone besides Lloyd and baby Julia of course."

Everyone obeyed and left the room. Lloyd cradled Julia and paced back and forth.

Aira screamed and Julia started crying. Lloyd began to hum to her and she calmed down. Aira screamed again. Lloyd looked frantically at Ronin but he was concentrated on helping Aira.

"What's wrong?!" Lloyd asked.

Aira screamed again and tensed. She was almost sitting up. Suddenly there  was the sound of a second infant crying. Lloyd's eyes widened.

"Well, what do you know!" Ronin laughed. "Twins!"

Lloyd gaped at him. Ronin took off his sweater and wrapped it around the child. Aira looked just as surprised as Lloyd.

"I asked them to keep the gender secret," she gasped. "Not how many babies I was pregnant with!"

"Well, they are fraternal twins because this one is a boy," Ronin said handing him to Aira. "I'll leave you four alone for a few minutes."

"Twins?!" Lloyd asked incredulously.

"Looks like it," Aira smiled. "Look he has dark hair like me."

Lloyd sat down next to her and looked down at his son. He did have dark hair. He had Lloyd's nose and chin though.

"Well, it's a good thing we had a boy and a girl name picked out," Lloyd laughed.

"I think we should give him a different middle name though," Aira said. "If it hadn't been for Jay then they-and even I- may not be here."

"Xavier Jay Garmadon? I like it," Lloyd said beaming. "Xavier and Julia. Who would've thought instead of being parents of one child that we would he the parents of two."

"More exciting I suppose," Aira laughed. "I should've guessed it. With how much they kicked I should've suspected twins."

"The others are probably dying to come in," Lloyd said. "Here can you hold both of them?"

"Yes," Aira took Julia and cradled them both.

Lloyd stood and went outside the door. The others looked worried.

"What's wrong?! Ronin wouldn't tell us!" Kai shouted.

"Well," Lloyd said acting pensive. "We seem to have had an interesting turn of events."

"What's wrong?! Is Aira ok?!" Morro yelled.

"She is fine," Lloyd assured and then started smiling. "Come inside."

The others followed and then Garmadon started laughing.

"Twins!" He shouted and laughed harder.

"Twins?!" Said everyone else in unison.

"Meet the second member of our family," Lloyd said proudly. "Xavier Jay Garmadon."

"Jay?" Jay asked.

"If it hadn't been for you, Julia and Xavier wouldn't be here," Aira said. "This is our way of saying thank you."

"Wow, well what do you know," Jay smiled.

"We need to get you three home to be checked," Zane said.

"Dad, can you carry Xavier?" Aira asked. "And, Garmadon, can you carry Julia?"

"With pleasure," they both said.

Aira handed the two children off and Lloyd picked her up carefully. There was blood everywhere but he didn't mind.

Kai and Ronin flew ahead and brought the Bounty back. They put Aira in one of the rooms and she fed the twins. Lloyd stayed with her the whole flight back.

Chen, Clouse, and Alita were placed in a holding container in the hold. They didn't look very happy.

When they arrived Misako came running. She raved over her new grandchildren and Pixal made sure they were both healthy.

"Sorry we didn't keep Montgomery in the family," Aira said later.

"Who says we won't have more kids to give the name to," he teased.

"I'm good for now thanks," she laughed. "I think we are going to have our hands full with these two."

"But at least it will be peaceful with our enemies gone," Lloyd said.

"I hope so," Aira said. "I'd rather not have people trying to steal my babies."

"No one will while I'm around," Lloyd said protectively.

"Hear that, Xavier, Julia? Your strong Daddy is going to look out for you," Aira cooed.

"That's right," Lloyd said scooping up Julia and Xavier. "Daddy is going to protect you. Always."

"You never told me their full names," Misako said.

"Julia Asteria Garmadon," Lloyd said.

"And Xavier Jay Garmadon," Aira said.

"Those are beautiful names!" She exclaimed. "I'm so proud of both of you."

"Aww thanks, mom," Lloyd laughed. "Hey! Julia opened her eyes!"

"What color are they?" Aira asked.

Lloyd came over and showed her. They were a deep blue. Aira loved them. Xavier opened his eyes soon after.

"Well, that's odd," Misako said looking at Xavier's emerald green eyes. "Baby's eyes are normally blue when born. Then they change color later. Lloyd had blue eyes months after he was born. Then they turned green."

"It's because he is a special little guy," Aira smiled.

"Seems fair though," Misako laughed. "Julia has Lloyd's hair and Aira's eyes; and Xavier has Aira's hair and Lloyd's eyes."

"Though I think they will both look more like Lloyd," Aira said. "Looks like you have the dominant genes, Hon."

"I think Xavier will look like me but I think Julia has your face," Lloyd said disagreeing.

"Well, either way," Misako said smiling. "Xavier will be handsome and Julia will be beautiful. Just like their parents."

"Thanks, Misako," Aira laughed.

"You must stop calling me Misako. You're family. You can call me mom and Garmadon dad."

"I agree with her," Garmadon said walking in.

"Alright, Mom and Dad," Aira laughed. "Speaking of dad where is my dad?"

"I'm right here," Morro said walking in. "I wish your mother could be here to see this. She would be as proud as I am."

Tears welled up in Aira's eyes and she smiled. Her father was proud! He was proud of her and her family! She smiled even wider and knew that she had an amazing family.

A/n- MORE FUZZIES!!! FUZZIES FOR EVERYONE!! Lol! Hope you enjoyed! Comment any suggestions you may have! -LL_17