CHAPTER 13: MORE TO COME

Start from the beginning

"[YN], you okay?" Carly asked as we were walking home from the mall.

"Yeah. I just remembered something that's all." I replied sadly.

"It's been a year, [YN]. Greyson's gone. You have to let go." She placed a reassuring hand on my shoulder.

"I can't." I tried holding back my tears. "It was my fault. Everything." Too late. A wave of tears escaped my eyes. My legs felt like jelly so I fell to the ground.

"Are you okay, miss?" I heard a voice. I looked up and saw a guy.

"Yeah." I wiped the tears with my handkerchief. I stood up and smiled at him.

"Okay." He paused and looked at me from head to toe. "You were Greyson Chance's girlfriend." His smile faded. "I'm sorry about him." he bowed his head.

I panicked. "Don't be." I raised his head. "It's been a year, I'm sure that's kinda inappropriate."

He chuckled. "Okay. I'm sorry." He extended his hand. "Richard." He introduced himself.

"[YN]." I smiled. "This is my friend, Carly." I stepped aside to make room for her.

"Nice to meet you." They shook hands.

"Pleasure is mine." He went back to standing straight. "Well nice meeting you girls. I'd like to see you both again sometime." He waved goodbye and walked away.

~~~

We're now in our living room. And we were quiet. After a few seconds Carly started laughing.

"What are you laughing about?" I asked.

"That Richard guy likes you."

"He doesn't like me. I've never met him." I lied. Although, I know that she said was true. Richard liked me - love at first sight maybe? The way he looked at me was different from Carly's.

"Then tell me the reason why he introduced himself to us?" She raised her eyebrows teasingly at me.

"Maybe he's just friendly. And wanted to make a good impression, that's all." I replied.

"Then, let's test out your theory. Tomorrow we go back to the mall and head down the same street. If we bump into him again, he totally likes you."

"You're insane. But deal." I said proudly - what have I got to lose right?

~~~

The next day we headed to the mall again and used the same walking route like yesterday.

"OMG. There he is." Carly teasingly whispered to me. Richard was leaning against the wall listening to music.

"Hey!" He greeted as we walked past him. "Carly and [YN]. You guys visit the mall everyday and walk this way?" He asked happily.

"Ugh... Yeah..." I replied. "We love the mall." I gave Carly a slight nudge.

"Oh yeah! Hahaha. And do you always hang out here?" She said.

"Kinda. My work is close here and during my breaks I hang out here, listen to music and eat a sandwhich." He said smiling - man, this guy's smile is so bright.

"And where is your work?" I crossed my arms. He then pointed to a nearby cafe.

"I'm the cashier - sometimes the opening act."

"You sing?"

"Yup!" He nodded. "But only bluesy and soulful songs. I tend to fight with the customers." his watch then started beeping. "Break's over. See yah!" He waved goodbye and dashed to the cafe, where a blonde girl was waiting for him. He then started arguing with the girl.

"He's taken." I whispered to Carly.

"Nope. That girl looks older than him, she can't be his girlfriend." She retorted.

"But a guy like him surely has a girlfriend, right?" We kept staring at Richard and the blonde girl.

"Maybe..." Carly trailed off. "Maybe not..." She nudged while wiggling her eyebrows. I groaned and rolled my eyes.

"Whatever." I started walking and she followed suit. We were about a block away from the cafe when we heard our names being called.

"[YN]! CARLY! WAIT!" We turned around to see Richard running towards us.

"Richard?" Carly asked as he was trying to catch his breath.

"Can *pant* I *pant* come with *pant* you guys? *pant" He asked.

"What for?" I raised a curious brow.

"Well, I got fired when my manager saw I was talking to you two." He stood straight.

"Looks like your manager had a crush on you." Carly joked.

"Well, this isn't the first time I've been fired." He rubbed the back of his neck.

"What do you mean by that?" I asked. He then gestured for us to continue walking. He explained that, that was the 3rd job in a row that he was fired. All his past jobs had female bosses, and they would fire him if he didn't do what he was being told.

(A/N: Did you get what was Richard's female bosses trying to say? It's a 'green' thing, but it's kinda true. It happens in our society nowadays...)

Richard refused their offers and kept looking for a job even if he was desperate. He was piled up on bills, taxes, and rents, but through it all e managed to stay positive - that reminded me of Greyson's positiveness.

"Wow. I can't believe how terrible your life has been." Carly exclaimed.

"I know. But I always stay positive because even through the darkest moments there's a light in the end." He smiled and placed his arms over me and Carly's shoulder.

"But why are you so positive?" I sniffled, he's story is just so inspiring.

He chuckled because I was sniffling; I can't help it. "A year ago, I lost someone dear to me too. She was my girlfriend, and she died in a car crash too. When she was alive, she was always happy, which made me happy everyday. When she died, I kinda became pessimistic and rowdy. I drowned my sorrows in alcohol and drugs. It was one of my darkest moments, but then I discovered a letter that she wrote before she died. In it she told me to always stay happy and healthy, and if I ever frown she'll haunt me." He chuckled at the end of his explanation.

At that moment, tears fell from my eyes. His story reminded me of Greyson. How I was in the dark and I just wanted to cut myself, but I knew Greyson wouldn't want that. He'd want me to be happy.

"Don't cry, sweetie." A faint voice said. I immediately opened my eyes to see Richard wiping the tears away.

"I'm sorry." I said furiously wiping the tears. Richard stood straight and patted my head.

"It's okay. They say crying is the most wonderful thing that you can express." He smiled and laid his arm over my shoulder. I looked at Carly who was teasing me with her eyes - but I don't care. I felt secure and I don't care about people's opinions anymore, for this guy beside me made me realized one thing:

.

.

.

.

.

There's still a chance for me to start again and to love again. I'll now stay positive and happy and live life to the fullest. And I'm doing all of it for HIM.

But...

Can I?

---

SUCH A SAD YET BEAUTIFUL ENDING FOR THIS CHAPTER FOLKS :")

SO WHAT CAN YOU SAY ABOUT THIS CHAPTER? TOO DRAMATIC? TOO NORMAL? TOO BORING?

NEXT CHAPTER IS IN THE WORKS, AND I'LL ONLY POST IT IF I GET LIKE 10 VOTES FOR THIS... OR NOT, I'M TOO EAGER TO POST IT FOR YA'LL.