Chapter Thirteen; Cult

cult: a group of people having religious beliefs or practices regarded by others as strange or sinister

Let me explain something.
The FBI we found out is not something that we should all depend on or love, or cherish, or to romanize.

It's a cult.
Okay, now, you may be confused.
But they take people that are strong, as in they have gone through a lot but at the same time they are very weak minded. As in they have problems in their mind that are easy to manipulate.

They took Gaby because she's seen hell & can surprisingly ruin people's lives, but also because her mind was weak. She had almost beat anorexia when they took her away, almost.
She was almost to the point they wouldn't take her but they took her at the last hope she had.

But they took her away, they took Caleb D & Buket as well because of their minds.

Powerful words Buket spoke & Caleb had the power to kill everyone if he wished.
But they both had problems with themselves & the world. Intelligence was their curse.

Now, you may ask why they didn't take me, because.. You know, I'm powerful. I'm smart.. I always asked that as well. I settled for the fact that I had no interest in crime & they knew that.

I don't know how they knew everything, really no one does. They were the government. They could've placed a chip in you & you would never know.

Also one thing I never knew was why exactly Gaby hinted that she would be leaving to Jade if she claimed to be kidnapped & had no idea of it.

I never understood that even to this day.

But back to the story....

We landed in Raleigh, North Carolina.
We at the time didn't know that the FBI was bad, not even Caleb. The FBI agent besides Gaby.

It was like they were completely brainwashed of their own thoughts, but then I remembered Gaby actually left the FBI to fulfill her own passion without them knowing.

I believe she knew before anyone that there was more on the plate than we could chew.

Once we got there we quickly got in & out with our fake ID's.

Martha & Alayna were waiting for us outside with the car I had bought back in Iowa.

We all went out, I pushing Gaby in a wheel chair (she was highly weak).

"Oh god, Gaby!!" Alayna yelled.

"Shush! Don't draw attention!" Martha said punching her in the arm.

"Shut the hell up." Alayna said turning around to Martha then going up to Gaby.

Alayna grabbed her hand & got on her knees.

"How're you my sweet?" Alayna asked.

Alayna used to be Gaby's best friend since they were children, I'm not sure if Jade already told you that.

Gaby still weak, "Tired."

Martha didn't seem so interested surprisingly. I think she had expected we would all be okay, or she didn't care.

Alayna hugged Gaby, my hands still on the wheel chair.

We all got in the car, Caleb D was still pretty hysterical because of Buket. He couldn't believe we left the body.

We drove back to Wilmington,
May I note that Gaby's parents are all dead. So she really didn't have any family since her half sister went back to England.

Gaby didn't know her mother died because of cancer, so Alayna broke the news to her.

She was understanding of it.

I was kind of in a situation because my wife was back at home with my kid, but Gaby ended up coming to live with me & my old family.

My house was pretty big, it wasn't how I wanted it. Which was huge & modern with an indoor pool.

My house was big & modern with an outdoor pool.

But Gaby stayed in a room with Gaby... It may sound weird to name your child after the love of your life, but I never wanted to forget even if it was almost impossible.

Gaby really liked Gaby. & vise versa. Gaby was kinda funny about having her old boyfriend's child name be Gaby.

But she loved her. My wife, she liked Gaby as well. I never told her who Gaby was exactly. I just said an old friend.

We didn't have sex in the house at all, so don't get that idea. It would've been too risky. But sure as hell did when I found out Gaby wasn't actually my child, & the real father was still in my ex wife's life.

So I kicked her out, I still saw Gaby occasionally but I didn't want anything to do with them for the most part.

So it was Gaby & I together in the house.
Alone.
It wasn't as lonely as you think it'd be.

I remember coming home from the hospital every night & Gaby being there sitting on the counter in one of my shirts, they were so large on her. Like a dress.

Some nights she would be on the bed waiting.
It made me the happiest coming home to her.

But that's not where the story ended.

I came back from work one day and Gaby wasn't there. It had been a year after I brought her home, they found her.

I didn't know if it was Brooks or the actual FBI, but she was gone and I had a meltdown. I immediately called up the others, Rachel was at home with Tim of course with their daughter. Martha & Alayna had started fucking with each other again, Caleb D went back to God knows where trying to find someone he would love as much as Buket, it was like being a Skelton key but not having one lock on the earth. Megan had gone to Uganda to help out orphans, she had a soft spot for children without real parents despite her always claiming she hated kids when she was one.

The only ones I could get up with to help were Jade, Caleb O, & Vinny.

You may think we didn't have a lead once again, but sure enough Gaby was smart enough to leave something for us.

She had wrote in her own blood on the counter the word "DC", beside the word was a shard of glass covered in her blood.

Part of me was upset she had hurt herself but I was very thankful she had been thoughtful of that.

We left for DC without hesitation, and that's when hell started.