Chapter Five; Dance

Dance: move rhythmically to music, typically following a set sequence of steps.

We drove until Sadri's fingers blistered up, once that happened we stopped at a road side gas station to get some bandaids and a cold drink.

Sadri didn't drink it at all, he poured it on his hands right after we walked out the building and slapped on the bandaids, got in the car, and almost drove off without me.

"I need to fucking see this girl." Sadri said in an aggravated tone.

"I do too. I need closure." I said.

"You don't need it as bad as me, Jade."

I stopped for a minute. All my life there's been people telling me things like that, that they're worse, always gets my blood boiling. I eat it and swallow the temptation whole.

I'm an adult now. I'm surprised I haven't gone off the edge. I mean, I have, I really have, have I told you what I do for a living?

I do nothing.
These days and the days before that I've been living with my brother who odd enough made it in life despite his choices in childhood. He's still odd, but he makes money & can feed me.
I am not a bum though. I can't possibly work however, my anxiety restricts me from EVER letting me move on, so not much happens. I try to find something to happen, but it doesn't. This whole disappearance thing was all I had going for me then.

I didn't blow up at Sadri of course, I wanted to, but couldn't. I know what it's like to be in a spot like that.

I didn't say anything either.

It was fall so the sun went down fairly early, it was almost 7PM when we got to the address. Big ass line on the outside already.

We pulled into the parking lot with Sadri's expensive car, you could tell these people KNEW we weren't from around here by the way they were eyeing how sparkly & fancy it was.

We parked, Sadri getting out, slamming the door shut, gliding his sunglasses back to his greased down hair & he didn't even bother to lock the damn car.

He walked straight up to the front of the line, a bouncer, he pulled out his wallet and I couldn't hear what he was saying. I was too far back near the car to tell.

Suddenly I heard yelling from the bouncer & Sadri walking away fast.

"What a dick." He said to me walking straight to me.

"We need to get in, just I don't know how. Call Rachel, she may know some nitwit in this gang." He added.

I quickly took out my iPhone 24 and speed dialed Rachel.

She didn't answer right away, I assumed she was still with family.

beeeep beeeep beeeep

No answer

Beeeep beeeep ...

The beeping stopped but I didn't hear a voice.

It sounded muffled, I don't think it was exactly a voice or words or anything just sounds.

*muffled*
oOoOOHHH
GOD!
GOD!
SHiT!
RA-
OH OH OH BABY
GOD
GIVE IT TO ME
RACHEEEELLLLL
**
I assumed they were busy, and I'm not sure if Tim had accidentally knocked Rachel's phone so it picked up. I never asked.

I hung up.

"Did she not answer?" Sadri asked.

"Nah. The number was busy."

"FUCK." Sadri exclaimed.

"Now what the hell am I gonna do?" Sadri asked.

"I don't know, maybe one of the guys in line could help us?" I responded.