27

"My demons are begging me to open up my mouth
I need them mechanically make the words come out
They fight me, vigorous and angry, watch them pounce
Ignite me, licking up the flames they bring about" Ross sang as I played piano. He sang for a little bit, up to the chorus.

And then cue Ellington. "Hold me down, hold me down
Sneaking out the back door,
Make no sound
Knock me out, knock me out
Saying that I want more, this is what I live for! Damn, gotta love Halsey"

"Indeed, she brings back a lot of memories" I looked at Ross, who blushed majorly. Underneath the piano, he squeezed my hand.

'Hold Me Down' was one of our wedding songs, oddly.

"You guys have a good friendship now, hey" Ellington smiled.

I looked at Ross. "Should we tell him?"

"Yeah" Ross looked back to Ellington, who looked as if he had just been told the meaning of life. "We're back together, dating"

He froze, then sprung to life with a scream. "YOU OWE ME $20 RIKER!"

Riker ran in. "So you're actually together?! FAM!"

"Um, sorry?" Ross shrugged. "I mean, it kind of hurt that you bet on us, but whatever"

"In fact, could you gather everybody in the living room?" I stood up, smiling. Riker nodded, and produced the yell of a lifetime (I will even dare say it was a mating call to Amelia).

+++

"What's hatnin'?" Gail was the last one to plop onto the spare seat. "It feels like you're about to lecture us"

"Far from that, we're about to break the news" I smiled. "So as you may know, Ross and I go way back"

"Like way way back" Ross added.

"And we, well, divorced" I said. "But I come to say that, we overcame our differences and realised something rather important"

"No matter how distant you are from someone; whether it be with somebody else or on the other side of the world" he looked to me. "Love doesn't have boundaries, and, it's virtually impossible to stay away from your special other"

Everybody released an 'aww', but Piper added something. "How cute! But what do you- oh my god, oh my fucking God"

I nodded to her, and then reached for Ross' hand. "Ross and I are back together"

There was a prolonged silence as 14 pairs of beady eyes stared back at us. I shifted my weight from one foot to another and smiled. "Surprise!"

They all burst into conversation; some laughing and celebrating, others getting out...money?

"Come guys! You all made a bet on us?" Ross exclaimed.

"Well, we made a bet on if you'd have sex anytime soon but we'll assume you did; pay up!" Rydel turned to Puper, who gave her 20 bucks. I rolled my eyes and smiled.

"Well it's lovely that you accepted it so easily" I sat on the ground.

"Why wouldn't we? You know each other, you had a child, you're clearly in love- why not?" Rocky shrugged.

"Told you they would be cool with it" Ross whispered in my ear and kisses my cheek. "We'll be leaving a few days early; we want to get back to living together but this time in New York"

"So I can then tape my show and he can continue working" I said.

"As cute as this is" Riker stood up. "It's really hot. Everybody leave your phones at the table and I'll meet you at the lake"

"Better yet, last one does the dishes!" Ross swung me over his shoulder as I shrieked and started to run.

if you have any ideas do not hesitate to comment (and receive total credit) because if not, the epilogue is the next chapter