22

This place was fancy as hell. Literally there were details of gold on everything- even the glasses had a band of gold around the rim (which made them rather heavy).

The prices were quite extraordinary too. My eyebrows nearly shot up and off my face when I saw the price of one bottle of champagne.

Luke looked equally as stunned. "Quite the restaurant, huh?" he addressed the table. Everybody nodded.

"I didn't realise it was this expensive, but it would be so embarrassing to leave and - oh my god" Piper face palmed. I touched her arm.

"It's fine, I'm sure we can all make do with something from here; the salmon isn't that expensive so I'll go for that. Luke?"

"The same for me, baby" wow, he's actually displaying affection. Possibly because my ex-husband is sat opposite us but still. I blushed.

Slowly, the rest of the table picked their food & drink choice. Now we just had to wait for our orders to arrive.

I entertained myself with munching breadsticks, which were my favourite things. It also distracted me from the major migraine that was heading my way. Hurriedly, I opened my purse.

Lucy looked at me concerned. "Is everything okay, Charlie?"

"Almost. Migraine coming" I smiled politely.

"I thought you grew that out" Ross tilted his head in confusion.

AW AW AWWW.

I smiled again. "If only it was that easy; it's a recurring thing"

"Do you want to get some fresh air?" Luke suggested. I shook my head. "Well then, tell me if you do"

In this aspect, he was very caring when it came to illnesses. But that didn't change the fact that I just wanted to curl up and sleep, for more reasons than one.

+++

This dinner was lovely, but it was dragging. I love these guys, but they were literally sitting there 30 minutes after everybody finished, just telling jokes.

If my head wasn't pounding, I would probably enjoy the banter, but I was on the verge of passing out. Currently, I had my head on Luke's chest as he played with my hair and occasionally laughed at something someone would say.

Piper then looked at me. "Babe are you sure you don't want to go to the hospital? Your eyes are bloodshot!"

"I'll be fine, just take me home" I told them. In a quick minute or two, we were walking back home (note: I was stumbling my way home because it was dark and I couldn't see).

The migraine eventually hit its peak as we reached the house and I fell to my knees as it virtually paralysed me. Nothing I wasn't used to, but it's been years since it was this bad.

"I'll go get the car!" Luke said and Riker volunteered to go with him.

"I'll stay with her" Ross very calmly walked to me and held me in his arms. I couldn't say or feel much, but it felt nostalgic to be back in a place I once called home. Luke gave him a skeptical look. "No time for jealousy bullshit, go"

He shrugged it off, running in the direction of others. The girls stood in a huddle around us, looking panic stricken. Ross was the only one who was sounding calm, despite not saying very much.

"It's okay" he grabbed my trembling hand. "They're coming, and you will be okay soon, I promise"

And then I felt his lips on my forehead. I was too high up to see how Lucy reacted, and it became too loud as the girls all cooed a collective 'aww'.

It was loud enough to make the sounds of the tyres grinding against the gravel go incognito. I felt my eyes droop, but realised I was now in Luke's arms, and I felt colder than ever.

"Cheers" he said to Ross, followed by the sound of the door shutting.

After that, I can't recall anything else.