16

LISTEN!!! Before you kill me, yes I did skip the smut because I just wasn't feeling it and really wasn't in the mood to write it (do you need a specific mood to write smut idk) BUT it will probably make an appearance soon don't you worry 😊

A soft breeze over my arm caused me to wake up; only that the breeze was Rydel breathing on it. I instantly shrieked, and she giggled. "I'm sorry, but you're needed. Ross is sort of having a meltdown and yelling all of these marketing technical terms & everybody is freaked out"

I sat up. "What time is it?"

"A few minutes past 12"

"Okay, maybe I should get up" I chuckled. "Give me twenty minutes to get ready. If possible, tie him down and gag him"

Rydel laughed on her way out. "Now doing it!"

With a stretch, I pulled myself out of bed and into the shower. I had the hangover of a lifetime (yesterday was crazy; especially my after party hehe), so I simply threw on a cropped halter neck top, some shorts and converse. My hair was tied up in a messy bun, and due to the sun outside, I simply put on some shades then, made my way downstairs.

"Where is the nutcase that you call your uncle, my love?" I kneeled down to Grace's height, who giggled at my description of Ross.

"He's outside, yelling" she pointed to the door and ran off with the kids of my friends. I stood back up and walked to the porch.

Indeed he was yelling, cursing mad fast at his phone, a mug of black coffee in his hand. "Whoa, where's the fire?!"

"I'll call you later" he sighed into the phone and hung up. After I walked past, he stood up and threw the same phone half way down the field.

"Ross" I sat down. "What's up?"

"Everything" he rubbed his eyes. "I have a giant problem in my hands and don't even know how the hell I'm going to approach it"

My hands started to play with his hair. "Why don't you tell me? I might be able to help"

"Not this time" he shook his head.

"Okay then. Care to tell me rather than leaving me in the dark?" My irritable self began to leak through.

"Remember yesterday, how you told me to let go of everything that was connecting me to work? Well, I took your advice without having a choice, and it turned out to be a bad decision" he raked his hands through his hair, them visibly shaking. Slowly, I removed the mug from beside him. "12 shares were sold overnight, and I single-handedly lost $3 million"

"Shit" I found myself saying. "Is there anything you can do to get them back"

"I'm afraid not" he sighed once again. "I have to go back to LA, ASAP. You can stay for the rest of the time"

"No, I insist on coming with you to help-"

"No, Charlotte" he said. "I think you've done enough"

Slowly, he stood up to return back inside. I stopped him, to kiss his cheek and he didn't interact back. "Are you mad at me?"

He exhaled, "No" then walked away once I moved away from him. I kicked  the ground, then instantly regretted doing so, sitting on the porch swing. I took a peek into the black coffee, taking a sip.

Blood, death and bodies decay. There was little or no sugar in the beverage, which almost killed all of my taste buds. "How can he drink this?"

+++

"It would have hurt less if he was angry," I placed a bag of apples in the trolley. "I wanted him to scream and shout at me but he looked more like my dad when he found out I wasn't a virgin. And then, he had the audacity to call me the name of the devil"

"He what?" Amelia looked at me.

"He called me Charlotte" I grimaced and she giggled. "I wanted to say no, my name is princess, but I think he would have actually choked me"

"More than he did last night?" Piper added and I flushed red. "You have some sort of funky hand print on your neck"

"That was me" I laughed. "I tried to kill a bug and smacked myself. But, I feel awful"

The girls were on grocery duty so we decided to use this time for counselling too. Rydel snaked an arm around my shoulders.

"Leave him to deal with it. If you add to the fire, it will blow up on your face" she said. "It's been like that since he was younger"

"Suppose" I shrugged, but wasn't fully convinced.