12

Y'all I have a new Rydel story up, go check that out (it's called Lightning Strikes)

"Have you got any plans for today?"

"Not exactly. Do you?"

"Nope"

I played with the bubbles in the bath, blowing them from my hand. From here (and with the door opened) I could perfectly see Ross laying down doing nothing like usual.

Literally, he's like a sloth when he's not working. He just lays there which is either really adorable or super annoying when he's occupying your side of the bed.

I grabbed the Nerf gun I brought in and loaded it. With perfect aim, I shot him directly on the butt and he screamed. "Charlie!"

I giggled and continued, aiming everywhere else until he got his own Nerf gun and began to retaliate. When it got too much for me, I sunk underwater. When I returned to the surface, he was in front of me and hit me directly on the forehead. "DUDE!"

"Sorry but you started it!" He giggled, passing me my towel. Once dried, moisturised and (underwear)dressed, I put on a simple t-shirt and some tropical print shorts. My hair was now tied into a messy bun and out of the way as I painted my nails. The moment Ross walked in, he scrunched up his nose. "Sorry, I forgot!"

"It's okay" he smiled (he has a thing with the smell of nail varnish). I got up and waffled on my heels, which made him laugh, then gave him a hug. "You redeemed yourself with the silly walk, babe. And I need to ask you something"

"What's up?" I allowed him to pick me up and set me on the bathroom counter as he sorted out his hair.

"Where are we going for the 4th?"

"Ooh!" I remembered. "My grandma wants us to go up to Tennessee for the Independence weekend, like your whole family"

"Will there be space for 40 odd people?" He raised an eyebrow and I nodded. "I'm in, this sounds great. And as long as she makes her ribs it's all good"

"Yay! I'm so excited!" I smiled, pinching his cheeks. "See, this is better than going up to the Hampton's"

"Very true, my love"

I blushed and giggled. "Stooooooop, you're so cute"

"You know that song, 'Can't Feel My Face'? That is literally me because you pinch my cheeks so much" he chuckled then gasped. "Do I look older to you?"

"Last week you couldn't buy alcohol because they thought you were under age, Ross. You look younger than I do" I rolled my eyes.

"I'm coming up to 27...I feel so old"

"Dude, only worry about feeling old in 10 years" I grinned. "So you still have ten years to get up with no good"

"Only if you do it with me" he winked.

"I don't have much of a choice" I laughed. "OH WAIT- yeah, obviously"

"Your innocence is so adorable, now come on downstairs so we can find something to do" he led me out of our room. Once downstairs, I fed Lilly, changed the water and opened the door to the garden so she could run about. Unlike her, I took a seat and Ross copied.

"I would say Netflix and chill but we all know what that leads to"

"Basically, especially when he doesn't have a Netflix account"

He chuckled. "That was a one-off"

I smiled at him, pouring myself a drink. However, I stopped. "Ross?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you ever have those moments when everything is going fine and suddenly you feel like absolute shit?" I turned around to him.

"Aw baaabe" he rushed over to give me a hug. "You're not absolute shit. You're the shit"

I chuckled into his chest. "Cheers"

"But seriously, I do too. You just have to suck it up and move on past it, yeah?"

"Okay. Right- no bad thoughts today" I moved away from him and also flicked my hair out of my face.

"That's the spirit!" Ross whooped.

"Yeah- OH MOTHERFUCKING LORD JESUS CHRIST MY KNEE!" I shrieked and fell to the ground clutching the knee I hit against the cupboard. Ross was laughing to himself in the corner. "Stop! It hurt"

He shook his head. "Jesus you klutz, I'll go get the ice"

bit of a filler but I have the next chapters planned hehe