13

I sat against the bed on the ground, looking out the panoramic window to the skyline of LA. Despite the breathtaking view, I felt heartbroken.

I only pulled myself out of my thoughts when I heard Ross walk in. "Hi lovely, what are you doing?"

"Just looking at stuff" he sat beside me.

"Are you okay, babe?"

I nodded, but the tears failed me. "Ugh. It's all just coming back to me again and looking at this pregnancy scrapbook doesn't help"

"Whoa, whoa" he took his blazer off, kneeling in front of me. "What's happened?"

"I had my first postnatal check and it just broke me apart and now I'm sitting here trying to figure out why I messed up" I sobbed. "As a woman, my basic job is to reproduce that and not even that I can do properly; and I'm wondering why? Why me?"

"Shh. Babe, listen to me" he held my face in his hands. "You didn't mess up in any way. Nobody messed up, it was destiny, and if it had to be this way then it will be"

"Our little girl is busy being a very shiny star now, my love. She wouldn't want to see her mommy like this, would she? Be happy for her, because despite her time with you was cut short, she has the best mother in the world" he smiled. "And she's surely going to pass on the news to her siblings that they have the best mother out there"

"Their father is pretty sick too" I commented. "How can you be so positive all the time?"

"Years practice" he kissed my cheek and wiped my face. "I love you, alright?"

"I love you too" I gave him a hug. "I don't know where I would be without you"

"In the exact same place, because you'd be fine without me. Go best friend, that's my best friend" he cheered quietly and I chuckled. "Now, to celebrate, shall we go out for dinner?"

"Celebrate what?"

"The fact that I feel as if I have just laid eyes on you for the first time again" he smiled and I gushed. "Now, go get ready; or stay like that, you look stunning"

"Ross you only eat at 5-star restaurants. They won't let me in wearing sweatpants" I shook my head at him. "Give me 30 minutes in the en suite"

+++

Slowly, to not fall, I made my way down the stairs with an iron grip on the banister. Once I arrived downstairs, I did a small spin then flicked my hair. "How do I look?"

Ross was drinking water, and the moment he looked at me, it went flying out of his mouth. "Holy shit woman, are you trying to kill me"

I giggled. "Thank you"

My outfit for tonight was a red one-sleeved bodycon dress with some black Louboutin heels. My hair had its volume back so I curled it slightly to give it waves, and to match my dress, my lips were red.

"I sure do hope we get caught by reporters, you look so good I'm thinking about staying home and having the pleasure of very slowly taking that dress off you and making you scream my name-" he said as he moved closer to me, his lips grazing my ear.

"Woah! Easy, tiger" I pushed him away lightly and he pouted. "That sounds like dessert for me"

He winked. "I love you, did you know that?"

"Yes, now, let's go. I look too good to stay at home" I walked towards the door.

+++

"God, I remember when we met" I laughed. "We hated each other"

Ross was laughing so hard, his face could be seen from the top of the mountain; he was literally matching my dress (I think he's had his share of wine for tonight, anymore and he might explode). "My favourite memory is the fact that instead of a traditional bachelor night before the wedding day I had mine the week before- because the day before we had a bouncy castle in the back garden for the whole night"

"God, that was so fun! I still remember how you kicked me and left a bruise on my back"

"I didn't mean to!" He exclaimed. "Goodness sake, I can't breathe"

Now I was laughing, and we probably looked insane in the restaurant full of high-class people. "I hate you"

"I hate you too" he stopped, staring at me. "How did I get so lucky?"

"Ross, stop, if I blush anymore my face will explode" I commented quickly.

"Can we get a divorce and then get married again, because I want to make more love gestures but not something crazy like a blood exchange"

"You have tonight to do that" I bit my finger and he winked. "And the 4th too"

His hand shot up in the air like an eager 7 year old. "Check please!"