21

Two Years Later (if you didn't read that in a SpongeBob narrator voice gtfo wyd)

"Where are you? I can't see you anywhere?"

I snuck up on her, lifting her off the ground as she squealed. "Because I'm right here! Come here you!"

Piper pulled me into a tight hug, it's been months since we last saw each other & ever since Gail has been busy with other things, we've been texting more than usual. It really brought us closer.

It's hers and Zack's anniversary and so she decided to rent out a ginormous mansion situated at The Hamptons for all of their close friends for two whole weeks. Literally a throwback to when I was 22.

"How are you, superstar?!" She exclaimed, adjusting the shades on my face.

"I am exhausted, I have a cold and Luke slept on my arm the whole flight so I feel numb too" she looked confused. "He's got our luggage and is waiting outside"

"Thought so, so how's the 4th season going?"

That's another story. We've been renewed for the second time, for season 4. I smiled. "I'm loving it. It's pretty demanding but it's so fun and everybody is uber kind"

"Lucky" Piper sighed.

"You're a lawyer, you can argue everyday. I can't even tell anybody to fuck off"

"True, but still" she smiled as we walked to the car park. "Also, there is one last thing I need to tell you"

"And that is?"

+++

I clenched my jaw as Luke put an arm around me. "Are you okay?"

"Yes I'm fine" no.

"You don't look fine"

"But I am" I hissed quietly as we were surrounded by everybody else. By everybody I mean the Lynches. They were still the happy, bubbly people I knew. Just older and with kids (which were the cutest things).

Piper clapped her hands. "And like usual, Ross is late"

"Ross is here" Rydel said. "Well, they are here"

All eyes turned to me at once, long enough to make me feel uncomfortable. Luke returned his arm around me and smiled.

"Where?" Piper asked, absolutely oblivious.

He came around the corner from the kitchen. "I got thirsty"

The next 5 minutes consisted of everybody greeting him & his new girlfriend Lucy. She looked nice, and she was smiling so much I'm surprised her cheeks didn't hurt.

Then they got around to us. Ross' demeanour changed. "Hi Charlie!"

"Hello" I sounded surprised at how excited he seemed to see me. He didn't look much different, maybe older, and his hair wasn't hair anymore.

It was a mane.

We shared a hug. "How have you been?"

"Great, how about you?" He asked.

"Pretty good, pretty good" I gave him thumbs up. At the same time, we looked at one another's special half. "Oh, that is- was Luke"

Luke had walked off and was speaking to the boys. Ross grinned.

"That was Lucy, I think she went to the bathroom" he put his hands in his pockets as an awkward silence settled. I peered around the large living room. "Can I say something?"

"Go for it"

"Will these two weeks be awkward? I know we had a lot of history but-"

"They won't be, I'll make sure of that" I smiled. "And hey, we can build a friendship even"

"I would like that" he replied and I nodded.

Luckily, Piper intervened before we had to say anything else. "Alrighty people, feel free to pick your rooms! Dinner will be ready in a-"

I cut her off with a loud sneeze. Simultaneously, everybody said 'bless you' in my direction. Following that there was random laughter, which definitely broke the ice.

We barely let Piper finish before dashing off. She insisted on the boys being separated from us so we could have our alone time &I they could have theirs. It was like college all over again.

Since I was just in a zip-up and sweats, I decided to dress and doll myself up a little bit for dinner. I mean, Lucy came wearing a jumpsuit and some killer heels with a smokey eye and pink lipstick whilst I looked like trash.

I gasped. I am trash. I've become the Twitter craze. A smile appeared on my face following that, then I giggled.

"I'm not ok" I sighed, unpacking.

This dinner is going to be intense.