15

I looked at the number worriedly, then sighed, dialling the digits. It rang for a good two minutes, until somebody picked up. "Hello?"

"Hi, um, a few weeks ago a guy obviously working with you directed me to this number" I racked my brain for a name. "Spencer!"

"Ah!" The male voice replied. "You must be the girl he was speaking about; are you in LA, honey?"

"No, I'm in my home town for the Independence weekend but I'll be back by Tuesday"

"Dope! My friend Victoria has a clothing line coming out and she needs one more model-or girl- for a photo shoot and you are apparently perfect for the job, if I dare say" he said. "My name is Marcus by the way, but, are you in?"

"Yes of course, thank you"

"See you on Tuesday!" Marcus exclaimed, hanging up. I dropped my phone on the bed and walked to the window, watching everybody preparing for the party we were about to hold for basically the whole neighbourhood.

I put on a loose white tank top with some denim shorts and converse. To tie the whole look up, I chucked on my denim jacket with the American flag on the back. Quickly, I gave my hair a slight brush and applied neutral make up (and red lipstick), then grabbed my sunglasses.

A pair of arms wrapped around my waist. "You look really hot"

"Thank you babe" I turned around to Ross. "You look hot too"

He was clad in black jeans and converse, an unbuttoned flannel also. I honestly just want to jump him right now. Before much was said, he grabbed his laptop from the table and sat on the couch, frowning at the screen.

"Ross" I said. "ROSS YOU MOTHER-"

"Yeah?" He said innocently.

"Turn the laptop off"

"Wait-"

I rolled my eyes, grabbing the laptop from his legs and bolting outside. He was hot on my heels but he wasn't fast enough, seen as his laptop was already in mid air when he arrived. With a decent splash, it landed in the pool, sinking down.

"Charlotte!" Mom screamed.

"It's okay, he can buy another 500 if he wants"

Ross looked at me, pale. "E-Everything was on there!"

"Backed it up" I whipped out a USB. "But I'm keeping this and this weekend, your only job is to have fun"

He grabbed me by the waist. "Oh I'll have a lot of fun making you scream my name tonight-"

"Charlie, we need your help putting the food outside! Save the heat for later!" Grace grabbed my hand, winking at us both. Never have I seen Ross blush so bad. I blew him a quick kiss as the boys also took him away to get the BBQ going.

+++

This is definitely the most fun 4th July party I have been to. Sure these are annual things since way before I was born but they are far more enjoyable when you're older, with a red solo cup full of beer & a blonde hottie to dance with all night.

Literally all of my kindergarten friends came with their own kids who were playing with Riker's little girl. The main thing was, everybody was having a blast and that was what I needed.

"Hey baaaaaaaaabe" Ross slurred, wrapping his arms around me and virtually dropping his weight on me. I stumbled slightly. "How you doing?"

"I'm fine, how are you?" I giggled. He, this time, full on cackled at me which only increased my giggle to a laugh.

"I'm tired" he then whined.

"Take some pictures with me to wake you up" I lit a sparkler. "Rocky, reduce the shutter speed and Rydel, can you run around us with this sparkler?"

"Um, okay" she said and I pulled Ross into the way of the camera, who acted sober and simply held my face in his hands for the 30 seconds Rydel ran around us.

"What are you going to do with it now?" Rocky asked.

"Edit Rydel out and then it will just be sparkles around us" I smiled. "But for now, I have to put this goofball to bed- see you tomorrow"

I said goodbye to everybody as the party finally kicked into full swing (sad face); it was just coming up to midnight. With a slight struggle, I opened the door and thew Ross onto the bed.

"Hey, remember I said I was tired"

"Yes- oh you idiot" I glared playfully at his slight smirk. Effortlessly, he guided me to his side. "I'm in for it aren't I?"

He winked. "Ah yes you are"