Arriving

Penelope's POV:

The airplane ride, which Zoe slept most of, ended in just a few hours. We were at the bag return, waiting for our bags. Zoe yawned and rubbed her eyes. The time difference was just one thing we'd have to get used to.

"Penelope..." Zoe said while yawing. "I'm gunna go sit down. I'm... so tired... get my bag for me? Please?" She asked. I sighed.

"Fine..." I moaned. Zoe hugged me and went to go sit down. I watched the bags pass by, one by one, until I spotted Zoe's bag, then mine. I picked both up, until I spotted Zoe sleeping on a chair. I rolled my eyes. Zoe can be so childish sometimes.

I walked over to Zoe, and her snoring made me laugh. People were glaring at us like we were crazy people. I laughed even harder at that. Zoe opened her eyes and looked over that me.

"Hey there Ms. Laughs-a-lot." She glared at me. I laughed at her facial expression.

"Did my laughing really wake you up?" I said settling down.

"Yes!" Zoe said sitting up.

"You do know you're at an airport, right?" I asked her putting a hand on my hip. Zoe looked around as if she hadn't known where she had been this whole time.

"Am I really?" She said with wide eyes. I laughed.

"Yes, stupid. Now get up." She smiled at her own joke. Zoe and I got outside to find the weather incredibly nice.

"Taxxiii!!!!" Zoe screamed. Yet again people looked at us like we were a couple of physcos. I nudged Zoe in her gut with my elbow.

"You do know people only do that in movies?" I asked her. Zoe's face turned red and she slapped a hand to her mouth.

"Whoops." She muttered. I chuckled. Eventually, we did get a taxi. We stepped in and I told the man driving our destination. New York City. The ride had taken two hours because our airport had been two hours away. When I saw the bright lights and bustling people and traffic of New York, I felt an excitement bubbling in me.

"Woah..." I breathed. This place was absoulutely stunning. I heard Zoe tell the driver something, yet I was too intrested in the cute dress in a little shop called Marci's. It was a dark blue, with a black sash and dark blue lace at the bottom. I instantly knew I wanted the dress. A few more sights, shops and such, passed my view until the taxi stopped and I got out.

"We're here!" Zoe yelled in my face. We got all our luggage out of the car, and I stood in front of a tall building that said Holdiay Inn. The building was so tall I literally bent my back to see the top.  I turned to Zoe.

"Zoe... you really didn't have to do this..." I told her. Zoe waved her hand in front of my face.

"Nonsense!" She said. We stepped into the building and to the front desk. A man, who was balding and looked almost snobbish. He turned his nose up when he saw us.

"Yeess?" He dragged out the 'yes.' He sounded like someone from New York, with a thick accent.

"I reserved a room under the name Bridges." She told the man. He turned to his computer, not turning his nose down.

"Oh. It seems so." He said, disapointment leaking in his voice. "Chester!" He yelled. A bell hop, who looked around Zoe and my age, came over. He grabbed our bags. I took one last look at the man at the desk, who was glaring at us. I turned up my nose, and stuck my tounge out at him. He jumped, shocked at my actions.

"Where to, Ms.?" He asked Zoe.

"Room 1124, floor 41." She told him. Holy crap! We'd literally be on the top floor! I was practically gaping at the man and Zoe had to pull me by the arm just to get me anywhere. We boarded the elevator and I could feel my ears poping as we got higher and higher.