Chapter 13

____________Your POV____________
Today was the big day.
The day where it marks the 57th expedition, and your first time going outside of the walls to see the outside world.
You were currently preparing your horse that Levi had assigned to you, though you didn't really have the chance to give it a name yet, it seemed to have taken a liking to you.
After you were done with your horse, you decided to check to see if your gear was in top condition.
That was when Levi walked up on you.
"Oi, brat, are you ready?" He asks.
You give a nod of your head.
"We'll be leaving in about ten minutes, be sure to be by the gates by then." That was all Levi said before walking away, but after taking about two steps, he stopped, and turned his head to the side, so that he's facing you.
"Also, be careful out there, brat." That was what he said before he continued on his way.
You gave a wide smile, as you continued to inspect your gear.
----------------Time Skip-----------------
You were currently next to Eren, when you saw it.
A titan.
But, it seemed to have female features on it, and by the description that Levi had given you, most titans seem to have mostly resemble males.
'So this is what a titan looks like.' You think as it begins to chase after your group.
It look behind you to see the Female Titan crush someone, you clench your teeth as you continued to look forward.
You begin to hear everyone call out Levi's name, trying to urge him to do something.
'Knowing him, he has a plan already laid out.' You think, but you were soon interrupted by Eren shouting something, as he brings his hand up to his mouth, and Levi saying something to him about choosing.
You quickly shoot him a glare, but not a menacing one.
It was one that was saying to 'trust your comrades, and to trust me'.
He must've understood what you were trying to say, becaus he lowered his hand.
"Cover your ears!" Levi shouted as he brought up a flare, and fired it off.
That was when the familiar voice of Erwin shouted.
"Fire!"
You looked back to see the female titan caught in a net of hooks and wires.
Levi stayed behind as you and the rest of squad Levi continued on.
That was when all hell broke loose.
As you were shooting your 3DMG, you saw a hooded figure come out of nowhere, and slice Gunther's cables, knocking him into a tree.
You stared wide-eyed at what just happened, and knowing from experience, he was dead when he made contact with the tree.
As you continued on, there was a blast of lighting from behind you.
You turned to see the female titan running towards you.
'So that damn titan bitch managed to escape.' You thought bitterly, as you watched as Petra, Auruo, and Eld start to take on the titan.
But, when Eld went to land a blow, he was caught in the mouth of the female titan.
That was when he was bitten in half, the titan spit the rest of him out.
You clenched your teeth as you continued beside a distraught Eren.
You looked back just in time to see Petra get smashed into a tree.
'No, no, no, no. Its happening all over again.' You thought as memories of your squad resurfaced.
Eren was about to turn around, but you stopped him.
He looked at you, but you just shook your head, before you shot off to head back to face the female titan.
You were only a few feet away, when she killed Auruo.
'This damn bitch is going to pay!' You thought, as you quickly maneuvered around it, slicing whatever flesh your blades could pierce.
But, that was when the unthinkable happened.
She caught you, just before you went in for another slice.
She brought you up to her face, staring at you with large blue eyes.
You glares firecly at the beast before you, as you you glaring you spat at her, already knowing that you couldn't escape the tight grip she had on you.
But, as soon as you spat at her, you could feel her grip tighten slowly on you. Your blades being pressed against your abdomen, splitting your skin apart with each time the titan before you squeezes you tighter.
You opened your mouth, but no sound came out.
That was when something unexpected happened.
As she tightened her grip on you, you could feel something bubbling at the back of your throat, before clawing its way out.
You opened your mouth once more, and you screamed.
For the first time in years, your voice was finally heard.
But, that all came to a crashing halt when you heard another roar of a titan.
You looked over in half lidded eyes, and saw a titan with green eyes.
'Heh, so that's what the brat looks like in titan form. Not bad.' You thought, as Eren's titan form punched the female titan.
Forcing it to let you go.
You felt yourself fly through the air, before crashing into something hard.
You looked to see that you landed on one of the large branches of the gigantic trees.
You could feel yourself slowly begin to loose consciousness.
'Shit, I have to stay awake!' You thought to yourself, but it was impossible.
Your brain was forcibly shutting down in order to block out the pain.
Your eyelids slowly came to a close, along with your last shred of consciousness.
____________Levi's POV____________
As I was heading in the opposite direction of my squad, I heard a scream.
But, it was unfamiliar, but that's when I realised something.
'That scream came from where my squad is, but it doesn't sound familiar.' I think, but realization soon set in.
'It couldn't be-' My thoughts were soon interrupted by the sound of another titan screeching.
This only confirmed my theory, when I realized that was the brat's titan form screaming.
I soon shot off back to where my squad is.
I found Gunther first, dead. Then Eld, next was Auruo, Petra was the next to be found.
I stopped, and stared at Petra for a few moments, but then I realized, I saw no sign of (F/N).
I quickly shot off again, looking for the (H/C) haired woman.
As I was flying past trees, I saw a figure on a branch.
I quickly land on the branch with a running start, but I soon stop in my tracks when I saw who it was.
"(F/N)." I said barely above a whisper.
I soon snap out if my trance like state when I realized who it was.
I quickly make my way towards her, and kneel by her side.
I quickly check for a pulse, and I found one.
It was faint, but it was there.
"(F/N)!" I called out as I shook her a bit, trying to wake her up.
She stirred a bit, before opening her eyes.
She looked up at me lazily.
"Oi, brat! I need you to stay awake!" I shout as I start to try and add pressure to her wound on her abdomen.
"L-Le..........vi." I heard a raspy voice call out.
My eyes widen when I realize that it was (F/N)'s voice.
"C-Code.............n-na-me." She rasped out.
'Codename?' I thought, but then I realized what she meant.
"No way, brat." I hiss.
She only glared at me.
I tried to ignore the glare, but I eventually gave in.
"Fine, you win." I say dejectedly.
"Codename: Shadowstalker." I say coldly.
I watch as all life is drained out of her eyes.
She then starts to get up, as she says emotionlessly "What are your orders?"
I grit my teeth as I say "Follow me."
She nods, before I shoot off towards Eren, (F/N) following not too far behind me.
After a few minutes of flying through the large forest, I finally spot the female titan, as well as someone else.
As I get closer, I realize that it was the brat's friend.
'I think her name was Mikasa.' I think as I quickly pull her back.
She then starts to go off on me about doing my job.
"Is Eren alive?" I ask.
"He's alive." She hisses.
"Fine, we'll pin our hopes on him being alive. You two will distract the titan, I'll do all the cutting." I say.
They both nod their heads before going in front of the female titan in order to distract her.
'I need to hurry this up, or (F/N) will be in even more danger.' I think.
I see that the female titan looks at me from the corner of its eye.
I act like I didn't notice as she quickly turns around in order to punch me, but I quickly slice up her arm, and stab both of her eyes out, causing her to fall back into a tree. Her hand still on the nape of her neck.
I slice whatever pieces of flesh my blades could pierce.
I continue my assult, until I see that the female titan dropped her hand to her side. Revealing her nape.
I see that Mikasa went in for the blow, but that was when the titan lifted her hand to try and swat Mikasa away.
I shout at her as I push her out of the way, but right before I land on the back of the titan's hand, I feel myself being pushed away.
When I regained balance, I look back to see that (F/N) had landed on the back of the titan's hand.
I hear a sickening crack come from her ankle as soon as she lands, but her face still remains stoic, showing no signs of pain.
I quickly slice the female titan's mouth open to reveal a slime covered Eren.
I quickly grab the brat, and shoot of towards a nearby branch.
I scold Mikasa, before handing the brat to her.
I then walk over to (F/N).
"Okay, you can snap out of it now." I say, but she still stays the same.
I click my tongue as I think of a way to try and snap her out of it.
Then an idea came to me.
"Sorry about this, (F/N)." I mutter, as I raise my hand and slap her across the face.
I hear her gasp in surprise as her usual expression comes back, but she then begins to sway on her feet.
I quickly caught her as she lurches forward.
I then pick her up bridal style, and we begin to make our way back.
But, I looked back towards the female titan, and my eyes widen in surprise.
The Female Titan was crying.
----------------Time Skip----------------
I just gave Petra's patch away to a cadet, when I walked back to see (F/N) laying on the injured cart.
"Le-vi....wan-t......to se-e......them." (F/N) says, her voice raspy from lack of use.
I only nod as I carefully pick (F/N) up, and carry her to the deceased squad Levi.
I place her near Eld's body.
She gently places her hand on the body, as she mutters a small apology.
I looked up to see that everyone was almost ready for depart.
I look back towards (F/N), and I could've sworn that I saw her place something in her pocket, but that was probably my imagination.
As (F/N) went to get back up on her feet, she almost tripped, but managed to stay upright.
I walk slowly behind (F/N) making sure that she won't fall.
But, when I looked on the ground I see droplets of blood leading to (F/N), I see that she is clutching her abdomen. I also notices that she was walking with a limp, probably from the ankle wound she received while trying to save me.
That was when she started to sway side to side, before finally falling.
But, before she hit the ground, I had managed to catch her.
"Stupid brat, that's only a makeshift bandage. You really should be more careful." I mutter as I carefully carry her to the cart, and place her next to Eren.