Chapter 2

____________Your POV_____________
You open your eyes, only to be met with an unfamiliar place.
'Where the hell am I this time?' You think as you look around.
You then see the bars to the cell, and on the other side, are the two people that you met before passing out, but there's a third one, with blond hair, and busy eyebrows.
"I see your awake." The blond guy said.
You nod your head, as the man continues to speak.
"My friends over there, told me that you come from the year (today's year), is that true?"
You quickly took your chalkboard, and wrote down 'Yes, and if you don't mind, could you introduce yourselves, I'm (F/N) (L/N).'
You then handed the board to the man through the space in the bars.
He scanned the writing, before saying "I'm Erwin Smith, the Commander to the scouting legion, and that guy is Levi Ackerman, he's a Lance Corporal, also known as Humanities Strongest, and the woman is Hanji Zoe, she's a squad leader, she also works on experimenting on titans." The man named Erwin introduced.
Your eyes widen.
'So its true that I was sent into the past, this isn't some prank.'
You felt your knees go weak as you collapse to the floor.
"Are you okay?" Erwin asked.
You quickly took the board back and wrote 'I'm fine, but I want to know why I'm in a cell.'
You hand it back to Erwin, after reading it, he said "Because we don't know if your a threat or not, and besides Levi said that you used to work for the military back in your time, care to explain?"
You tense at the mention of the military, but you took the board, and wrote 'I used to be a lieutenant, and that's all I'm gonna say for now, but anyway, the point is, I am no longer fit for duty because of me being mute, I'm an artist now, and those bags over in the corner there, holds all my supplies for drawing, painting, ect.'
You hand Erwin the board, and he read it, it looked like he was surprised.
"So, you don't have titans in your time?" He questions.
You took the board, and wrote 'No, from where I'm from, they're a myth, they don't exist.'
Erwin took it, and read it. His expression now held one of shock.
"I see." After he said that, there was a few minutes of silence, but you broke it by writing down 'Listen, I just want to go home, can you send me back, since your friends over there managed to send me here?'
He scanned your writing before whispering to his two friends, before coming over to you, and saying "I'm sorry, but they have no idea on how to get you back to your time, and it seems that isn't your only worry, your going to have to have a court hearing on deciding on what to do with you."
Your eye twitched as you slowly got up.
"Are you okay?" The woman named Hanji asked, but you ignored her as you walked over to the wall on your cell, and proceeded to lightly hit your head against it, over and over again.
'Why me, why me, why me?' You chant over and over again in your mind.
"Tch, oi, brat." The one named Levi called out, you leaned your forehead against the wall, as you turned your head towards the stoic man.
"We can help you, but you need to join the scouting legion in order to do so." He said.
You let out an inaudible sigh, before thinking about your options, and you finally decided on one.
Erwin handed you your mini chalkboard, as you wrote down 'Fine, but under one condition.'
You hand it to Erwin, and as he read it, he raised one bushy eyebrow, while saying "What's the condition?"
You took the board, and wrote 'That I'm going to be trained under the Lance Corporal, and only him.'
Erwin read it, and asked "Why him?"
You then wrote down 'Because, you said he was suppose to be Humanities Strongest, I don't want to be trained by someone who's weak.'
"Fine, is that all right with you, Levi?" Erwin asked Levi.
"Tch, I could care less, just as long as she isn't too weak, I don't want to train a weak ass brat who can't even defend herself." Was all he said.
You then wrote down 'Don't worry about that, if anything, you should be watching your own ass.'
You hand Levi the board, and you could've sworn that you saw a flash of amusement in his emotionless eyes, but that could've been you.
"Tch, we'll see, brat." He said as he walked up the stairs, and out of the basement.
'So, when does the trial start?' You wrote down.
"Sometime tomorrow, it's gonna be hard to convince people that you aren't a threat though, considering that we have almost no fact about you, and the facts that we do have, could be dismissed as a lie." Erwin said.
'I have no reason to lie, so you have to be an idiot to assume that.' You wrote.
"I know, but we're just going over what could happen." Erwin says.
'I know.' You wrote.
"If you knew why, then why did you say that?" Erwin asks.
'Because, humans are ruled over by their own emotions that they can't even think of the logical facts.' You write down.
"Is that how you see it?" He asks.
'Yes and no.'
"What do you mean by that?" Erwin asks.
'I'm saying that they can become an inconvenience, but at the same time they make you human, so they are useful, but at the same time, they can be the death of you, it just depends on the situation.' You write down.
"I see, you must understand these circumstances, if your saying this." Erwin says.
'More than you'd like to think.' You wrote.
"I see, well, we'll continue the conversation another time, we wouldn't want you to become too stressed about what happening." Erwin says before standing up to leave, but you stop him before he leaves.
'I'd like to say thank you for helping me.' You wrote.
"No problem." Was all he said, before leaving with the woman named Hanji.
'Well, this is one hell of a day. I think I'll turn in for today.' You think as you lay down on the bed, and close your eyes, thinking of the new day to come.