Chapter 21

____________Levi's POV____________
Its been a few days since the conversation me and (F/N) had.
Although its a very slow process, she seems to be getting her emotions back, even at times it's barely noticeable, its still there.
Though, today we are going on another expedition, and (F/N) is currently preparing her equipment.
After everyone was ready, we were sitting atop of our horses, awaiting for the expedition to begin.
Once the large gates opened, we shoot off to the outside world.
After about fifteen minutes have passed, we finally spot a titan. It looked to be a deviant.
"Eren, shoot off a black flare!" I command, and Eren immediately fires the flare.
"(F/N), can you take that titan out?" I ask, and she nods her head a bit , before shooting her wires off, and soon after the titan falls.
She makes her way back on the horse, and soon enough is back into position.
After about five more minutes, more titans appear, there seems to be about twenty in the nearby regions.
"Exterminate any titans you see, when we reach the forest!" I shout out, earning a 'yes sir' from all of them.
We soon reach the forest of giant trees, and soon enough we start encountering titans left and right.
Luckily no one seems to be seriously injured so far, nor has there been any deaths.
I see a titan that was crawling on all fours, and I quickly lunge towards the nape of the neck.
I slice a chunk of flesh out, ending the miserable creature's life. But, as I was about to go back to my position, I felt a large hand grab my waist.
My eyes widen, as I stare into the titan's beady little eyes.
I hear everyone shout out my name, as I am placed into the titan's mouth.
'Tch, so this is how it ends.' I think as I begin to slide down the titan's tounge, but that was when I felt a strong hold on my wrist.
I look up, only to see that (F/N) was holding up the titan's mouth with one hand, while the other is latched securely on my wrist.
With a grunt of effort, I am pulled out of the titan's mouth, and I began to fall.
I quickly tried to use my gear, but it was to be found useless, that was when someone caught me.
I looked to find that Mikasa had caught me, and swiftly placed my onto a large branch.
My eyes quickly snapped back to the titan that almost ate me, but as soon I did, I saw the titan's mouth clamp shut.
My pupils dialted, as my breathing hitched in my throat, I took ragged breaths as I tried to piece together what had just happened.
But, that was when I saw something odd happen, I saw the titan's stomach begin to move, as if something is moving inside of it.
That was when the stomach exploded, revealing a very alive (F/N), she quickly spun around and sliced the titan's nape.
She then shot her wires off to where I was, and she nimbly landed in the branch and made her way towards me.
"Hey Levi, are ya okay?" She asked.
I quickly ran up to her, and embraced her, ignoring what she said.
"Dumbass, don't ever do that again!" I shout as I squeeze tighter.
That was when it clicked at what she just said.
My eyes widen, as I leaned back a bit in order to see her face.
"Dammit, I understand that I almost died, but could you not crush me instead." She whined.
"Your.....back?" I asked almost hesitantly.
"What the fuck are you saying? I've been here the entire time, idiot!" She shouted.
"Yeah, that's you alright." I say as I smile.
"Sorry for making you worry." I hear (F/N) mutter as she hugs me back.
That was when Eren and everyone else, after finishing off the last titans around, came over towards us.
"Hey (F/N), are you okay!?" I hear Eren exclaim as he lands with a running start towards us.
"Yeah, just peachy. I just got ate by a huge ass titan, so I should be fine." She scoffs.
I would've laughed at Eren's facial expression when she said this, but I held it back.
"You back to normal!?" Eren exclaims as he points at her.
"Yep, seems so." She says with a shrug of her shoulders.
That was when Eren, along with everyone else, began to hug her.
"Ack!.......ca-n't.........bre-ath!" She exclaims as she tries to get out of the group hug, only to fail.
"Le-vi......he-lp!" She calls out desperately.
"Why should I?" I asked with a smirk in my face.
"I just saved your sorry ass!" She exclaims.
"Ah, well, if your gonna speak to me like that, then I might not help you." I say as I turn my back on her.
"Okay, I'm sorry, please help!" I hear her exclaim, but I still keep my back to her.
"Oh, for crying out loud." She mutters, before doing something that shocks me.
"THE REASON YOU SHOULD HELP ME IS BECAUSE, I LOVE LEVI ACKERMAN!!!!!!" She shouts at the top of her lungs.
I sigh before turning around.
"Alright brats, that's enough." I say, and they immediately let go of her.
"Ass." She mutters.
"I heard that." I say.
"Yeah, and?" She replies back.
"Fine, maybe I should have everyone hug you again." I say with a shrug of my shoulders.
"D-Don't, please, I'm sorry!" She pleads.
I smirk as I turn back around to face her.
"What?" She questions.
"Nothing, just this." I say as I grab the collar of her shirt, pulling her forward, resulting in us kissing.
I hear the male cadets whistle and shout as I do this.
I pull back, only to be greeted by a red faced (F/N).
"J-Jerk." She stutters as she looks away.
"Yeah, whatever." I scoffed.
"Let's start heading back, our mission is done." I say.
____________Your POV_____________
You were currently on your way back to the HQ.
'Its good to have my emotions, and memories finally back.' You think as you walked behind everyone else.
You suddenly looked down at your hands, only to find something that leaves you speechless.
____________Levi's POV____________
I was walking ahead of everyone, when all of I sudden I heard (F/N) call out to me.
I looked behind us, only to be greeted with a horrified sight.
(F/N) was transparent.
You could see right through her, almost as of she were a ghost.
I quickly race towards her.
"What the hell is going on!?" I shout.
"I-I think I might be going home." (F/N) stutters.
"What?" I ask.
"I'm heading back to my time, at least that's what I think." She says in a strained voice.
"Isn't there some way to stop this?" I asked frantically.
"I don't think so, but Levi I don't want to go." She says as tears cascade down her face.
"I finally have a family, and someone that I love here, I don't want to go." She sobs.
"It's okay, I promise you. That I'll meet you there, no matter how long it takes, even if I have to search the entire world, I will be reunited with you." I say sternly.
"Me too." Eren says.
"Me as well." Armin says.
"Don't forget about me!" Hanji exclaims.
"Us too!" Everyone else exclaims.
I see (F/N)'s eyes widen before she breaks out into a smile.
"It's a promise then, I'll see everyone later." She says as she gives all of us a closed eyed smile.
I hug her, but a few seconds later, I feel nothing.
I fall to my knees as I let out silent sobs.
____________Your POV_____________
'Beep'
'Beep'
'Beep'
'What the hell is that?' You think as you open your eyes, only to reveal a white ceiling.
You look around, and find yourself next to a heart monitor.
'I'm in the hospital?' You think to yourself.
"Ah, its good to see that your awake." A voice says, startling you, as you look up, only to see a doctor dressed in white
"What?" You question.
"You don't remember?" The doctor asks, and you shake your head 'no'.
"Ah, well, you see, you collapsed in the middle of the street, your lucky someone found you." He says as he writes something down on his clip board.
"Who?" You asked.
"Ah, it was a young man, he visited you almost everyday, speaking of which he should be here in a few moments." He says, and just like he says, a young man appears.
As soon as he appears, the doctor leaves.
You eyes widen, and your breathing hitched as you continued to stare at the man in front of you.
"Le-vi?" You asked almost hesitantly.
"Tch, damn brat, when I finally found you. You go ahead and fucking collapse." He hisses as he walks by your bed.
"You...remem-ber?" You ask as you could feel your eyes begin to burn.
"Yeah, I also brought some other people too." He says, and almost as if on cue, you hear arguments outside your door.
When they walked in, you couldn't believe your eyes.
"Hey (F/N)." They all said at once.
Standing in front of you, was Levi's old squad, and behind them were the new ones.
You felt your tears begin to form, and fall down your face as you lunge out of bed, and tackled everyone into a hug.
"I'm sorry everyone!" You sobbed.
"I'm sorry Petra, Auruo, Eld, and Gunther. I'm sorry I couldn't protect you back then." You continued to sob.
They all chuckled as some of them began to rub your head.
"Its fine, we don't hold it against you." They all said in unison.
"Tch, nice that you remember you own fucking boyfriend." Levi hisses.
You quickly scrambled up, and tackled him into a hug.
"I missed you, brat." Levi says.
You could only nod your head as you sobbed into Levi's shoulder.
----------------Time Skip------------------
Its been about a year, and you were currently caught up on everything.
For example, you were unconscious for a total of six weeks, even though you felt like you were in the past for months.
Petra is currently married to Auruo, who secretly thanked you for the advice you've given him.
It also turned out, that because of your passion of art, Levi owns his own art studio, where he officially hired you.
You are now a very famous artist, and is currently married to Levi, and today, you have just released your third painting to the public, which explains why you were in front of many cameras.
"Mrs. Ackerman, could you please explain to us what this painting is!" A reporter states.
"Yeah, its a paining based off of the year 845, this is what I imagined it to be like back then." You say as you let everyone see the painting of the old fashioned market that you've been to, when you were on your trip to the past.
"How did you come up with this idea!?" Another reporter asks.
"I had a dream about it." You say casually.
"Mrs. Ackerman, what's the name of this painting!?" A reporter shouted.
You smirked as you said "Its called A Painted World."