Chapter 3

____________Your POV___________
You awoke to sound of banging on your cell bars, you look to see the stoic corporal standing there with his arms crossed.
"You awake?" He asked, and you just mid your head.
"Erwin wanted to speak to you alone, so he sent me down to wake you up." He said as he took a seat in the chair outside your cell.
You nod your head in understanding.
"How did you get that scar?" He suddenly asks after a few minutes of silence.
You picked up your chalkboard, and began to write down 'It happened while I was in the military, and I would prefer if I didn't talk about it at the moment.'
He read the message, and raised an eyebrow.
"So your gonna tell me later. Why?" He asks.
'Because, one: I barely know you, and two: I have other reasons, but you'll figure them out when I'll tell you the story on how I got it.' You wrote.
He read, and nodded his head in understanding.
After a few minutes of silence, Erwin finally came in, and that was when Levi got up, and left.
"Did you sleep alright?" Erwin asks, after Levi left.
'What do you think? I mean after coming to the past, not knowing what's gonna happen to me, and on top of which be locked in a cell, you must be pretty damn lucky in order to sleep peacefully in a situation like this.' You wrote down.
Erwin gave a humorless chuckle as he says "Yeah, I guess your right about that."
'But, I'm guessing your not here to talk about sleeping well, so what do you want to talk about?' You wrote.
"Getting right to the point I see, but to answer your question, I want to know what you did while in the military." He states seriously.
Your body stiffens at the memories while being in the military.
You gave a long inaudible sigh, as you wrote 'Do I really have to?'
"I'm afraid so, its only so that we can help you during your case later today." He says.
You nod your head deeply before writing down 'I will, but you must never let anyone know about some of this information.'
Erwin nods his head, as you began writing down things that happened to you in the military.
___________Levi's POV____________
'That brat's interesting, I must say.' I think as I lean on the wall, across from the door to the basement.
Its been about fifteen minutes since Erwin and the woman named (F/N).
After it reached about half an hour since I left, the door suddenly opened, revealing Erwin.
He had a very serious expression on his face.
"So, what's going on with the brat?" I ask.
"We're going to help her, and have her join the Survey Corps." Was all he said.
"So what did you find out about her time in the military?" I ask, as we began walking to his office.
"I'm sorry, Levi, but all I can say is that she had a very difficult time while in the military." Was all I got as a reply.
"When does the trial start?" I ask.
"In about three hours." He said as we reached the door.
"Then we should get a plan ready." I say as we both enter his office, getting ready to try and place (F/N) in our custody.
____________Your POV_____________
Its been about three hours since your conversation with Erwin, and right at the moment, you've been thinking of all the possibilities of how things might turn out.
When suddenly, you hear the door open, you shoot up from you laying position on your bed, only to see Hanji, along with a blond man that you've never seen before.
You walk up to Hanji, only to have a pair handcuffs shoved through the bars.
"Sorry, but your gonna have to put those on." She says.
You nod your head as you put the hand cuffs on.
They then unlock your cell door, and you calmly begin to walk out, and up the stairs.
After a few minutes of walking, the blond man leans down and sniffs you, he then smiles and nods.
'What the hell!?' You think as you jump a bit.
You look towards Hanji for an explanation.
"He always does that, his name is Mike, by the way." Hanji says as we continue to make our way to the courtroom.
We finally stop in front of a pair of large doors.
"Well, good luck!" Hanji says as she pushes you through the doors, causing you to stumble a bit.
You then look up to see a pair of guards standing there, they grab both of your arms and bring you to the center of the courtroom.
They then force you to kneel down.
You look up to see an elderly man sitting, while looking at some papers.
He then look up at you, and asks "(F/N) (L/N), correct?"
You nod your head.
"Can you speak?" He asks.
You shake your head 'no'.
"And why is that?" He asks as he raises an eyebrow.
You then squrim your neck around, causing the handkerchief to come untied and fall off your neck.
You hear a few gasps as the scar is revealed.
"I see. So it is true that you came from the military." He states.
You nod your head in confirmation.
"It also says from the reports that you came from the year (today's year), is that also true?" He asks, and you once again nod your head.
"It also says that you no longer fight for the military from your time, and that you're now an artist, is that also true?" He asks, and your head once more.
"I see, then I ask you this, if you had to choose the military police, or the Survey Corps, which would you pick?" He asks.
You had no way to answer, besides writing on your portable chalkboard, so you gestured to the handcuffs.
He must've understood, because he soon had you released, but not without some guards raising their guns at you, just in case you did something.
You then took your chalkboard, and wrote your answer down.
You then slowly made your way towards the judge, and handed it to him.
He read it aloud "Survey Corps."
"Now, why would you choose that, and not the military police?" He asks.
"Because, I don't want to sit around and do nothing, if I had the option of dying a peaceful death, or dying an honorable death knowing I made a difference, then I choose the second option without a doubt in my mind." You wrote, causing the judge to raise an eyebrow at your answer, after reading it aloud.
"If you choose the second option, then why did you become an artist?" He asks.
'That's a long story, but a shorter version would be that I was found no longer fit for duty, because of me being mute, so I decided to persue my dream of becoming an artist.' You wrote.
"I see, well then, both sides may now present their reason for having Miss (L/N) in their custody." The judge announces after you return to your spot in the middle of the courtroom.
"We, the scouting legion, believe that we can make use of (L/N)'s time in the military to help us in executing the titans, and that would help us become one step closer to victory, and not only that, but it seems that we could use (L/N)'s information about the future to help us adapt faster in both technology and other things as well." Erwin states in a booming voice.
"Is that all?" The judge asks.
"Yes." Was all he said.
"The military police may now present their proposal." The judge states.
"We, the military police, propose that we keep (L/N) in our custody so that she can tell us more about the future, so that we have better chances of protecting the civilians, instead of wasting a valuable soldier who would most likely die in a battle against the titans." A man states.
"Is that all?" The judge asks, and the military police guy nods.
"I see, well, I already know which side should take custody of her." He states.
"I hearby sentence (F/N) (L/N) to serve on the Survey Corps! Dismissed!" He yells as everyone begins to leave.
'Now comes the interesting part, training.' You think as you are released once more from the handcuffs.