Chapter 17

I'm very late putting this up. Sorry! :/
Enjoy!

Taylor felt so stupid. How could she not put the two simple things together. Jeremy's last name was Greyworth and so was the name of the richest family in the united states. She just thought it was a coincidence that he had that name. She knew the Greyworth's lived in her city, but she didn't think any of them would talk to someone like her.

The Greyworth's were known to own a lot of top businesses all across the USA. It was a huge family that was all over the world, but most of them migrated from Italy to America. Rumor says that some were in the Mafia and have killed many. There's also a rumor that they only marry into money and just Italians.

She didn't understand why this man in front of her even wanted anything to do with her.

"Are you a Greyworth?" Taylor asked. She knew it was a stupid question, but she wanted to make sure.

"Yes, I am, but I don't like to be referred to as a 'Greyworth'. Just call me Jeremy." He smiled. "Besides, I created Greyworth Architecture Inc. all by myself. No help from my family."

"Are you like th-"

"The owner? Yes, I just said that. But that doesn't matter right. Get up and get ready! We have to go."

Taylor paused still stunned with the new information she received.

"Wait! I haven't even agreed for you to take Chase with you." Taylor said reaching for Chase. "I don't want him around all those people. He might get sick."

"Then I'll keep him in my office." Jeremy reasoned.

"What if you have to go to meetings?"

"I won't go or I'll just take him with me." Jeremy said.

Taylor signed. "Jeremy he's 2 weeks old. He constantly cries and sometimes for no reason. Damn, do you even know how to change a diaper?"

"I'll learn." Jeremy said. " Can I please take him, Taylor, please?"

Taylor got a little worried. She never let anyone watch Chase before, not even Bessy.

"I don't know, Jeremy. What if somebody hurts him?"

"I won't let anyone near him. If someone touches him they'll be fired immediately. I'll even send out an email, letting everyone know."

Taylor signed. "No, call an all staff meeting."

Jeremy smiled brightly. "Does that mean I can take him?"

"All staff meeting." Taylor said picking up some new diapers.

"Of course."

"Here." Taylor said handing him the diapers. "You have to feed him every 2 hours or he'll cry non stop. Check his diaper every hour. Make sure to burp him! Don't hold him too much or he'll get use to it and never want to be put down, which will result in him crying. I'll call you every so often. Okay, any questions?"

"Er. Can you write all that down for me?"

"Jeremy!" Taylor whined.

Jeremy placed Chase into his car seat. "Never mind I'll figure it out."

Taylor signed. "Just call Bessy if you need anything."

"Who? And why not you?"

"Bessy works with me at the diner. That's where I'm going remember? And you can't call me because I don't have a phone."

"How can you not have a phone? Everyo-"

"Whatever. I'm going to get ready." Taylor handed Jeremy Bessy's number then went into the bathroom.

*Reason why I'm so late is cuz school has started. And I was going from store to store looking for the things I needed. BUT I MIGHT NOT BE ABLE TO UPDATE EVERYDAY LIKE USUALLY. SORRY.*