Chapter 3

Enjoy! Natalie above!

It's been two weeks since Taylor and Antonio have seen each other nor have they spoken. During that time Taylor had to work double shifts to pay off her apartment rent. She was basically living off Antonio, because he paid her rent from time to time. His mother, the owner of the bakery Taylor worked at, has been questioning the both of them on why she hasn't been seeing them together lately.

"Good Morning Mrs.Natalie." Taylor walked into Momma's Sweet House, the bakery, and greeted Antonio's mom. The bakery was very popular in their city. It was mostly crowded in the mornings when everyone wanted a nice homemade breakfast. During the afternoon, not too many people came to get a donut or bagel.

"Morning Sweetie." Natalie replied glancing around the now open bakery. "If you don't mind can you get started on the coffee. That's what everyone wants these days."

Nodding her head she walked over to the coffee machine preparing it. Before her argument with Antonio, he used to come everyday to the bakery at Taylor's lunch break. In the beginning, he was very sweet and kind. Always bringing her flowers and kisses, but lately she's been seeing this 'I Don't Care' attitude in him.

"All done! I'm gonna go ahead and start the muffins. I already see people pulling in." Taylor said glancing out the large window, while walking away from the machine to the back to bake the muffins.

"You do that, darling."

0000

The day went by pretty fast and no show from Antonio. Taylor didn't care, that much.

"Taylor, honey. Can you come here for a minute?" Taylor heard Natalie call to her.

"Yes, Ma'am?" Taylor walked into her office and took a seat in the comfy chair in front of her desk.

"I'm just going to get to the point. What's up with you and my baby boy? I've noticed the distance between you two."

"Oh. Well I thought you knew. He didn't tell you?" Taylor questioned.

"Well, of course not. If he would've, I would've already fixed y'all little problem. So go ahead and tell me."

Taylor leaned back in her chair. "It's not a little problem, Ma'am. Maybe Antonio and I should tell you together."

"Is it that serious that you can't tell me?" Natalie said while crossing her arms.

"I'd rather tell you while he's with me." Taylor would've told the lady right there that she was pregnant, but she wanted his mom to see the way he acted about her pregnancy. To show his mom that he isn't her innocent little baby boy.

"Fine. I'm having a cookout tomorrow at 1 PM. You should come and bring your friend. Antonio is most likely going to be there."

"Thank you, Mrs. Natalie. Now I have to go. See you tomorrow." Taylor got up and walked out to the bus stop and sat on the bench.

It didn't take long for the crowded bus to come. Taking a look at her phone for the time, Taylor stood up, stepped on the bus, and looked for an empty seat. Finding one upfront she sat down and waited patiently for the bus to pull off. She placed her headphones in her ears and happily listened to K. Michelle.

After about 30 minutes of getting off and on buses she finally arrived at Raquel's house. Taylor looked up at all the condos that were glued together and all looked the same except they were different colors. Taylor never knew why Raquel would buy a $250,000 condo that was almost the size of a one bedroom apartment, but she guess it was the low maintenance and it was on the rich side of town.