Chapter 28 Holding Back The Tears

Holding Back The Tears
Thomas' P.O.V

It was only about thirty minutes that I was waiting for Megan to come back from her P.E.T scan but it seemed like hours. My hearted ached and I was all alone inside. I didn't have the part of me that kept me sane.

"Thomas." I shook my head out of my daze to see Ava snapping her fingers. I sighed.

"Yea?" I whispered.

"Are you alright?" She asked me as I shook my head in my hands. I tried to hold back my tears but it never seemed to work. They came out like a waterfall.

"No." I croaked. Just then Doctor Shepard came in with Megan still unconscious. I sighed. "How is she?" I asked standing up. Doctor Shepard smiled. I faked one in return.

"I found the cause of her ceasing. Megan has a small bleed in her brain which has been activated by her nightmares. Due to all of the brain activity in one nightmare, the cells in the area of the common bleed will make it bleed more resolving in ceasing and hard breathing. Megan could breath perfectly fine the whole time but her brain made that hard to master. That is why her heart stopped. She didn't need her puffer, so the medicine in the bottle caused a small quick heart attack. The procedure is perfectly safe and easy to perform however. I can operate as soon as possible." He finished of with a huge grin. I sighed relief.

"Thank god!" I screamed. Just at that given moment Megan's eyes shot open. She tried grabbing the tube as she began to choke. "Megan!" I hollered as Doctor Shepard ran in front of me to pull the tube out. I heard long heavy breaths after that. I saw Megan close her eyes and rest her head in her hands. She sighed. Her eyes were open again.

"THOMAS!" She screamed making me jump. I stared at her as she did to me. I then jumped towards her. I embraced her into a hug and she returned it. I soon felt the warm salty water on my back. She was crying. I pulled away and looked her in the eyes.

"What wrong Love?" I asked concerned. She sobbed then look at Doctor Shepard.

"Can you give us a minute? Please." Doctor Shepard nodded and left the room. So did my parents and sister. She looked me in the eyes then kissed my lips. When she pulled away she bowed her head. "Thomas, we need to talk." She said with a croak in her voice.

I furrowed my eyes.

Megan's P.O.V

It was so hard to do, but it had to be done. I couldn't keep putting him in danger like this. First the Raper, then his sister, my nightmares, now this. I had to do it. I had to keep him safe.

"Thomas," I began with more tears. My mascara pored down my pale face and I kept sobbing. "I want to, b-break u-up." I croaked. My tears streamed down even quicker when I saw the hurt on Thomas' face. He bowed his head.

"It's me, isn't it." He said through croaked. I jumped up and caressed his cheek.

"No! God no! This one, this ones really me. I just can't keep getting you in danger." I quietly sobbed. Thomas glared at me and shouted.

"THIS IS WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT?!?! MEGAN!! WHAT THE HELL IT'S NOT THAT BAD!!" Thomas screamed rage shooting out. I cried even more.

"SHUT UP!" I hollered. Thomas stepped back. His eyes were filled with hurt. "I just think it's for the best." I whispered. Thomas squinted his eyes. Tears streamed down his face quickly.

"Megan, I, we can work this ou-"

"NO!!!!" I screamed my throat hurting. I looked up to my now Ex boyfriend and sobbed. "Just leave." I whispered. Thomas looked so sad. I swear I e never seen someone more hurt in there entire life.

"Megan..."

"LEAVE! LEAVE ME ALONE! GO! I NEVER WANT TO SEE YOU AGAIN!" I screamed grabbing my pillow from behind me and throwing it at him. After the impact Thomas looked at me one last time making me regret what I said. I tried to hold back the tears.

"Fine..." Thomas began. He turned to the door and walked right to the edge. Before leaving he turned around, a tear streaming down his pale cheeks. "But I love you. Goodbye, Megan Durand." Thomas then walked out the room slamming the glass doors together. I heard his feet pace up as sobs ran through the entire hospital. I felt a tear ran down my cheek as my eyes watered.

I let the love of my life,

Go.