Chapter 11 Hospitlitized

Hospitlitized
I woke up to the sound of slow beeps repeating on end. I looked around and saw a somewhat clean room. This wasn't my hotel. I looked down and realized I was in a hospital gown. My eyes widened when I remembered what had happened the previous day, or hour who knows.

"THOMAS!" I gasped leaping out of my bed sheets. A sharp pain was felt in my right leg and I fell back on the bed. I winced at the pain and kept screaming. A doctor rushed into my room and pinned me to the bed. His soft eyes made me realize I could trust him so I relaxed. Then Thomas came to my mind again and I tensed up in rage.

"Where is he? Please. WHERE IS HE?!" I hollered. The doctor shushed me and I listened all tense and scared. He sighed then got off of my arms. I sat up startling him.

"You're friend Thom-" he began but I cut him off.

"That's boyfriend!" I grunted. I dropped my head and teared up.

"Sorry, your boyfriend Thomas is well and fine. He will have pain in his shoulder for the next little while but will survive. He has been rushed to surgery to remove the bullets and repair the chipped bone structure. I promise you, we'll keep you updated." The doctor stated. I sighed then sat back down. I began to feel the salty tears fall down my pale skin as my blonde hair stuck in my face. I loudly sighed then sat back up.

"And me?" I asked a little annoyed. The doctor pulled out his clipboard and began to write stuff down. It was as if he hadn't heard me. "Hello?" I asked even more ticked off now. The doctor lifted his head then sighed.

"You will need surgery then minute an O.R is available. Your leg has had the bone structure chipped just like Thomas' although yours is a little more dangerous. The knife has ripped many ligaments and has torn through a leg cord. (Idk what they are actually called) I'm afraid that the procedure may prevent further on difficulties." He finished. My eyes furrowed.

"Such as?" I sounded like a rude diva like Regina George or something. The doctor sighed.

"You may not be able to ever walk again. I'm sorry." I just sat there mouth agape.

Never walk again... The words ringed through my mind. I immediately stopped crying due to my sudden shock. The doctor spoke up again.

"You have the choice of two things if the procedure doesn't work." He almost spoke agin put I cut him off.

"Which are?" I spat. The doctor glared at me then continued.

"If you'd listen, maybe we could get to that point and we'd both move on with our lives Ms. Durand!" I rolled my eyes at the sudden change in emotion and then turned back to the Doctor.

"Sorry." I mumbled.

"Good! Now you can either choose to get a prosthetic leg and actually be able to walk again or-"

"Or what?!" I interrupted in a small scream. The doctor glared even more now. He then slammed his clip board on his knee and snapped it in two. I sat there shocked and shut up immediately.

"MS. DURAND!!!" He announced almost to the whole hospital. He shook as he screamed and looked like a freaking crank for crying out loud. (😏) He Shrugged it off his shoulders and slumped. "Or, you may loose your leg to de-amputation and live in a wheel chair or crutches." When the doctor finished there was a knock on the door. I looked up to see no one else but Georgina. She had come with Dylan who'd brought flowers and a teddy bear with my name in it. I smiled and asked the doctor for a minute. He nodded and left. Dylan gave me the flowers and teddy bear and left to go find Thomas. It was just Georgina and I.

"What were you thinking Megan?" She sighed into her hands. I puzzled for a moment then spoke.

"Are you seriously blaming it on me?" I asked. She shook her head then lunged at me for a hug. I accepted and hugged back. I felt my hair moisten so she must have been crying. She then pulled away and took her glasses of to wipe the tears away. She put them back on then asked me to explain. I talked about the sexual contact the man gave me, and how he threatened Thomas with my life. Then I talked about how Thomas saved me. He was my hero. She sighed then hugged me again. It was a nice warm embrace. She then giggled. Only Georgina could manage to giggle at a time like this.

"What a crappy birthday present huh?" She asked me. I widened my eyes. "Oh Ya! My birthday's in two days huh?" I giggled. We then began to laugh our heads of uncontrollably. I stopped as soon as I saw him. Dylan smiled and walked into my room. He hugged me then sighed.

"Hey Dyly bar!" I joked. He glared at me then laughed.

"Don't call me that." He giggled. "Hey um, Megs he's out of surgery. He's in the room beside you." Dylan said pointing at the blanket separating the two rooms. I froze for a moment before pouncing onto the blanket jerking in backwards. Dylan caught me as I fell almost on my face. When I stared up at Thomas I felt a warm tear trickle down my face.

What I saw made my heart stop.

He had a tube down his throat.