Chapter 1 The News

The News
"Megan! Can you come here for a minute?" I hear my mother scream from down stairs.

"Yep, just a minute mom!" I scream back at her. I close my laptop screen and push it off my lap. I jump off of my king sized bed and run up to my door. A smile soon then creeps on my freckled face. I smile and stare at the poster of Thomas Brodie-Sangter (my fav. Actor since I saw Love Actually) in his character from my favourite book series "Newt". Soon enough I feel the cool metal of my doorknob and turn it swinging my door open. I sprint down the stairs to my kitchen where my mother stood. A smile creeps on my face as she turns around.

"Yes mom?" I ask as I lean down on my counter top with my elbows. I put my chin in my right hand. My mother smiles and then sighs. She hands me two plane tickets and two premiere tickets. As I look down to the four tickets in my hand, I notice two say "New York" and the others say "Scorch Trials Movie Premiere".

"Megan," my mother starts, " now that you are 19 years old, I want you and Georgina (my TMR fangirling friend) to go to the Scorch Trials for your birthday." My eyes widen.

Alone? I thought to myself.

"Thank you so much mom!" I scream at the top of my lungs. I lung onto my mom and bring her into a huge hug.

"You leave in 2 weeks." My mom tells me. My head pops up.

"Did you already call George?" I asked my mom staring into her brown eyes with my blue-green ones. My mother nods. Giving my mother another hug I immediately run to my room and grab my phone. I pull up Georgina's contact and begin to text her.

"Who's ready to see Scorch?" I wrote.

--------------------------------------------
Hey guys! So I know this chapter was short but I promise you I'll try to write a longer one next time.
Bye!
😘