Chapter 39 - What Now?

Start from the beginning

            “Aw, look at the happy couple with all their PDA and I love you’s,” Louis mocked, coming to sit next to Claire.

            “Shut up Lou, if Eleanor were here right now you would be doing the same thing,” I reminded him.

            “Okay, maybe I would be,” he mumbled getting up and leaving.

            “I get the bathroom after you,” I called.

            “Whatever,” he called back, earning a laugh from all three of us. 

~~~~~~~

Harry’s POV

            “Thank you San Francisco!” I yelled to the crowd one more time. They all went wild as the lights dimmed and we ran backstage. America really was an amazing place to perform. The only thing that made this performance bittersweet was that once we got to the next city Kari had to leave. I didn’t like Simon that much right now since he was the one that said she should go back, but I understood why.

            As I made my way back to the dressing rooms, I tried not to feel down. The show was great and I still have some time with Kari. I continued walking down the long hallway and wiped the sweat off my forehead.

            When I entered my dressing room I was immediately attacked by familiar arms.

            “You were great tonight,” Kari complimented.

            “I thought we were always great,” I said, shocked.

            “If you pretend to have a big ego then you might actually get one,” Kari scolded me.

            “Aww, give me a break babe. I was only kidding,”

            “I know you were kidding and I thought I told you never to call me babe.”

            “But what’s wrong with babe?” I asked.

            “I just don’t like it okay?”

            “Got it,” I nodded.

            “Good. Now I’m going to talk with Claire a bit. I’ll meet you on the bus,” she promised.

            “You better,” I smiled.

            “Don’t worry, I will,” she said before closing the door. I then quickly changed into some more comfortable clothes, collected my things, and went over to Louis’ room where a game of Fifa was planned.

             After our short, yet intense game of Fifa we were headed to the buses. I avoided Niall who walked a little prouder because of his unexpected victory. Damn that leprechaun.

            “You don’t look too happy,” Kari said, interrupting my thoughts.

            “Really? I never would have guessed,” I mused.

            “Did Niall beat you?”

            “How did you know?” I asked in surprise.

            “He’s walking like he’s just won the lottery. It’s pretty obvious,” she laughed.

            “Well, yes. He did beat me, but it’s okay because I was planning on spending the evening with you, not him,” I smiled.

            “What makes you think I want to be around you?” Kari asked.

            “Maybe the fact that you don’t have a choice,” I smirked before picking her up and running the rest of the way to the bus.

            “Fine. I do want to be around you,” she giggled.

            “Good, let’s watch a movie,” I suggested.

            “Okay,” she agreed.

~~~~~~

            We were now in Las Vegas after a night of driving. Sometime during the next Kari and I had fallen asleep watching a movie that I couldn’t even remember the name of. I was mainly focused on her the whole night. I mean, what do you expect?

            Anyway, Paul had woken us all up earlier so we could accompany Kari to the airport. No matter what sad, depressing thoughts came into my head I just had to remember that she was coming back. That we would soon be together again.

            I watched as Kari said goodbye to Louis, Liam, and Niall. She took a little more time with Zayn and Claire which I understood. She was really close to them too. When she finally turned to me I felt like I might cry. I wrapped my arms around her and didn’t want to let go. When I finally did, I gave her a kiss.

            “I’ll miss you,” I said.

            “I’ll miss you too,” she said. I could see tears forming in her eyes.

            “But it’s okay because I know you’re coming back,” I smile.

            “I love you,” was all she said.

            “I love you too.”

            I gave her another peck on the lips before letting her go. I, along with the others watched her walk down the terminal. I was glad that it was a proper goodbye this time. 

AN: Hi guys! I'm so sorry for the late update. This week was crazy, but I've recovered from everything and I finished the chapter! I hope you like it. I wrote it at random times when I had free time so it might be slightly choppy. Hopefully not.

Anyway, My Best Friend is almost at 200,000 reads! That's incredible! Thanks to everyone who's read, voted, and commented on it and stuck with me through this book.

There's only ONE CHAPTER AND THE EPILOGUE left.

But not to fear! I have another fan fiction called GUITAR GIRL! I posted the first official chapter yesterday so feedback would be awesome.

Well, that's pretty much it. How about 10 VOTES and 5 COMMENTS for the last chapter?

Happy Mother's Day! 

XxLily