3.1

a s h t o n

"So, Ashton Irwin, am I correct?" a middle aged man dressed in a doctor's coat asked as he was seated behind his desk.

"Yeah, that's correct" I spoke and nodded my head from my seat across from him.

"It's nice to finally meet you and have a conversation with you and not someone else speaking for you through a phone" he said and gave me a warm smile before looking through his papers.

"Oh, I apologize," he said suddenly and stood up to reach his hand out for me to shake, "I'm Dr. Matt Richards, but I rather you call me by my first name only"

"Okay" I spoke and nodded my head before leaning back in my chair, pursing my lips in slight nervousness.

"We are waiting for Dr. Bailey, she's a psychologist and she'll be talking to you today. She's a really great doctor, knows her profession flawlessly, so that will work beautifully," he spoke and smiled at me before going back to his papers.

"She'll be here in about 30 minutes, so before that I'd like to go through a few things to make sure we've got it all correct," he said and I nodded my head in confirmation, "Okay, so my papers say that you're assigned to Dr. Leyton and Dr. Werrett at Royal Perth Hospital and also their special clinic since you were 8. Is that right?"

"Um, yeah. I had Dr. Walsh until I was 12 but he retired" I spoke in a mumble.

"Are you still in contact with him or her?"

"No" I spoke and shook my head.

"Was Dr. Walsh the one to diagnose you?" he asked and I shook my head.

"No, the people who did it were people I had never seen before and have never seen since. I got sent to a mental clinic in Maylands for that specific check-up"

"Okay," Matt said and nodded his head before he browsed through all the papers and soon gave me one specific paper, "Are those your medications that are written on the top?"

I looked down at the paper and read the three names of medication before nodding my head.

"Do you know what you take them for?"

"Um, the first one is for anger and everything within that. The next one is to calm my brain, or well, my whole body I guess," I mumbled and bit my lip, "And the last one is basically to make me normal if everything goes too far"

"What do you mean by that?" Matt asked and furrowed his eyebrows slightly as he leaned his elbows against his desk.

"I don't really know. It's not often I take them since they told me they were for emergencies only. If I feel like I go too far in my actions and I can't calm down" I spoke.

"How often would you say you take them?"

"When I was younger and had just gotten diagnosed, my mom was very nervous and stuff so whenever anything slightly out of the ordinary happened, she gave me one of those pills.

"Now when I'm older I haven't really had the need to take them because I've gotten to know myself and my disorders. But I wouldn't say I never take them" I said.