0.4

l u k e

"Dude, what is that on your neck?" Niall asked me as we were walking to the field for our first practice.

"Nothing" I mumbled and put my hand over it to cover it. Calum raised his eyebrows and looked at me then at Niall.

"What? What's on your neck?" he asked curiously.

"Nothing" I repeated.

"Yeah, it looked like a bruise" Niall said and I gritted my teeth.

"You got a hickey? Who gave you that?" Calum said and furrowed his eyebrows.

"No it's not a fucking hickey, it's just a regular bruise" I spoke.

"How do you get a bruise on your neck if it's not a hickey?" Niall asked.

"I don't fucking know, okay? Just leave it, please" I pleaded, making both boys look at me before nodding and letting it go. At least Niall did, Calum still looked at me worriedly.

"Niall you can go ahead, I need to talk to Luke but we'll meet you there" Calum said and I quietly groaned.

"Make it quick though, coach is starting it soon" Niall said before jogging up to some guys walking ahead of us.

I sighed as Calum turned to look at me but I avoided his eyes. "Luke, let me see your neck" he spoke quietly but I shook my head.

"Come on, don't be like this" Calum said before gripping my hand and ripping it away from my neck. He studied my neck and frowned before leaning back to look me in the eyes.

"What the hell did you do? This is a real bruise" Calum said, staring me down.

I sighed and shrugged, making him groan out in annoyance.

"It's a hand mark, did Ashton do this?" Calum whispered and I stiffened.

"Don't worry about it" I answered and tried to keep walking towards the fields again but Calum stopped me.

"Why do you mean 'don't worry about it'? You have a fucking hand mark on your throat! Did he try to choke you?"

"No, just drop it okay? Don't talk about it, it makes everything worse"

"You need to tell coach to get him sent home" Calum said in a determined voice and started walking away but this time it was me who stopped him.

"No! What the fuck is it you don't understand?! Don't fucking talk about this with anyone!" I whispered harshly.

"Why?!" Calum asked and looked with confusion into his eyes.

"Drop it Calum" I sighed.

"I'm just worried about you Luke. He could have killed you if he pressed any harder! You can't live with a person like that!"

"Calum, please. I trigged him into do it, if he goes I'll go as well, so please keep quiet. He and I have no contact whatsoever now, so don't worry" I whispered and looked at him sincerely.

Calum took in my serious face before sighing and nodding slowly. "If he ever does anything like this again, don't you dare try to keep it away from me"

I nodded and Calum gave me a tight smile before we walked off to the practice that was starting any second now.

"Okay, boys! Today's practice involves techniques and physics. Warm-up is held all together but after, goalies will go with Andres and the rest of you will stick with me and Paul, okay?"

With just a clap with his hands, coach made us run some simple obstacle course, getting our body warmed up.

I felt Calum's eyes on me and I could see him send Ashton dirty looks as well. I was afraid that Ashton would notice and understand that I had told Calum what happened even though he strictly said I couldn't.