0.5

a s h t o n

The deep slumber I was in was drastically pulled away from me when a heavy weight was placed on me, making me groan.

"Good morning sunshine" Michael's familiar voice whispered into my ear and I groaned even louder.

"Well that was attractive" he chuckled before rolling off of me so he was on my side.

I buried my face into my pillow and brought the cover closer to my body.

"Come on, you gotta get up, everyone's eating breakfast and if you don't go now you won't have time to eat before practice" Michael said and I moved one hand up to blindly find his face and slap him.

"Ow, I'm just looking out for you, why do you punch me?" Michael whined like a small kid.

"I forgot to take my pills yesterday so I had to take the strong ones before bed and my head hurts like a motherfucker" I groaned and moved my face a bit to glance up at Michael who rolled his eyes and shook his head.

"You're such an incompetent little boy" he sighed before standing up from my bed and started rummaging through my bag.

He soon picked up a small box with regular painkillers and took one pill out. He gave it to me and threw me my water bottle that I didn't get time to catch, making it land right on my back.

"Unnecessary" I mumbled and glared at Michael before placing the pill in my mouth and took a gulp water, swallowing it down.

"Come on now, my little pill popper, there's breakfast waiting" Michael said and dragged me up in bed. I sighed and put on my soccer shorts and t-shirt in one go, too tired to care about anything else.

"Why are you so tired?" Michael asked with a chuckle as we walked towards the breakfast and I had yawned three times in one minute.

"Couldn't sleep, I was on the edge" I mumbled and rubbed my eyes with the back of my hand.

"On the edge?"

"Yeah well, living with Hemmings and being like this really gets you on the edge, don't you think?" I snapped. Michael sighed and nodded in defeat.

"Well, at least you have kept peace between you two since the first fist fight" Michael said and patted me on my shoulder.

I tensed and bit the inside on my cheek hard, because no, that was not the case.

"No" I said dryly and Michael turned his head to frown at me.

"What?"

"I almost strangled him two nights ago. I had this death grip around his neck and throat" I said, looking down at my feet while walking. I was drastically stopped when Michael grabbed my shirt and pulled me back to him harshly.

"What?" Michael almost spat out, looking at me with hard, yet worried, eyes.

I shrugged and sighed, not really looking like I cared. "I don't know, he had gone through my bag and found my pills and started pushing me over the edge and I just burst, I just couldn't hold it"

"Then scream or even punch him, but don't kill him!" Michael burst out in a whispered yell.

"I didn't try to kill him, I only tried to scare him" I shrugged and Michael sighed loudly, rubbing a hand over his face.

"You need to be better with your medication"

"That's the thing though, I had taken it. You gave me it when we ate dinner, remember?" I said and started walking again. Michael was right behind me, mumbling incoherent words.