Chapter 24

General Narration

Naveah led Yuki and the members of the Shinsengumi down the hall where the guest rooms were.

Naveah: "Heisuke and Shinpachi you'll be in this room."

Heisuke: "Ok."

Shinpachi: "Thank you ma'am."

Naveah: "Saito and Harada you'll be in the room next to Yuki's."

Saito nodded.

Harada: "Thanks for the hospitality."

Naveah nodded as Yuki pointed to the room next to hers.

Naveah: "Hijikata you'll be in Yuki's room."

Hijikata: "That's alright. I could sleep on the couch."

Yuki: "Don't even think about it. My mother never makes anyone sleep on the couch, especially guests."

Naveah: "She's right."

Hijikata: "Very well."

Hijikata said with a sigh as he went into Yuki's room. Yuki shook her head as she looked over at her mom.

Yuki: "Goodnight mom."

Naveah: "Goodnight my dear. It's good to have you home."

Yuki: "It's good to be home."

Naveah kissed Yuki's forehead and went to her room.

Yuki P.O.V

I watched as my mother went into her room. I smiled and went into mine, sighing as I closed my door.

Hijikata: "You've missed them, haven't you?"

I had completely forgotten Hijikata was staying in my room. I smiled.

Yuki: "Yeah I did. It's been so long since I've seen my mother smile or heard the laugh of my sisters. Not only that it's been a while since I've felt this much love. It almost makes me cry."

I starred at my door and suddenly felt Hijikata grab my shoulders and turn me around. In doing so he hugged me as he wrapped his arms around me. I could feel myself blush as he did.

Hijikata: "It's ok to cry. No one will stop you. Besides, I see it. You want to so badly. Just let go. Get it off your chest. If I may I will be the shoulder you can cry on."

His words were so full of comfort and reassurance that I placed my arms arond his neck and just let the tears run down my cheecks. I cried silently as I burried my face in the nick of his neck. He shushed me and rubbed my back so comfortingly. Once I calmed down he let go of me and looked down at me with a smile.

Hijikata: "Don't be afraid to show people your tears. And remember you'll always be loved."

Yuki: "Thanks Hijikata."

Hijikata: "You're welcome."

I went into my bathroom and changed into some night clothes. I then looked in an extra closet I had in my room for any clothes for Hijikata. The clothes that I found were men's clothes. That was odd. Then again Uncle Takami would spend some nights at our house and his close would go in this closet. I gave him the clothes as he went to go change into them. When he ws done he had a pair of sweat panta or something and a black shirt.

Yuki: "You look so different without your outfit or your Japanese clothes."

Hijikata: "Is it a good difference?"

Yuki: "Of course."

I placed the covers on the bed as Hijikata got in it. I turned off the light and also got into the bed.

Hijikata: "This is comfortable."

I laughed as he said, remembering they'd all slept on the floors, instead of beds.

Yuki: "Better than a tatami mat isn't it."

Hijikata: "Yes. I need one of these once we go back to Kyoto."

Yuki: "I'll keep that in mind."

He chuckled as I replied.

Hijikata: "Goodnight Yuki."

Yuki: "Goodnight Hijikata. Sweet Dreams."

Hijikata: "You too."

With that said, we both fell fast asleep, enjoying the comfort of the bed.