Chapter 2

??? P.O.V

I was watching over the girl that Hijikata had brought in for questioning. She was tied up and had a bandana wrapped around her mouth. She was still asleep. This is getting boring.

???: "Heisuke, she's waking up."

My friend Harada said. Its about time.

Heisuke: "Its about time. I'll get Hijikata and the others."

Harada: "Alright."

I stood up and left to go get the vice - commander.

Harada P.O.V

Heisuke left as the girl looked at me with worried eyes.

Harada: "You're a long way from home, aren't you kid?"

She didn't move or try to speak. She only looked at me. Those greenish-blue eyes shinnied due to the moonlight that came in through the opening of the room. It was kinda creppy. It wasn't long before everyone was in here.

Yuki P.O.V

I saw as seven people come into the room I was in as they sat all around me.

???: "Inoue, turn on the lamp."

A man with a deep, yet soothing voice spoke.

Inoue: "Yes sir."

I closed my eyes due to the brightness of the lamp as it was turned on. I looked to see a man with dark brown hair and light brown eyes sit in the middle of everyone. I thought, he must be the leader.

???: "Can you promise me you won't make a commotion?"

A man with black long hair and purple colored eyes said calmly, but seriously. I nodded briefly as the man called Inoue sat me up and took the bandana from my mouth. I looked over at him. He was an older man compared to the others. He had black hair and hazel eyes.

Inoue: "Very sorry you must be treated this way."

He seemed kind and sweet.

???: "Who the hell are you?"

The man with purple eyes asked me. So much for the sweet and kind guy. This guy must be a real pain in the ass.

Yuki: "My name is Yuki Zarate."

???: "That doesn't sound like a Japanese name."

A man with glasses said looking at me cautiously.

Yuki: "No. It doesn't. Why have you brought me here?"

???: "We'll be the ones asking the questions."

The man with purple eyes said sternly. I tried so hard to keep myself from making a smart remark.

???: "Toshi, you don't have to be so harsh."

The man between the one with purple eyes and glasses said.

???: "My name is Isami Kondou . This is Toshizo Hijikata."

He named with purple eyes. Then the one in glasses.

Kondou: "This is Keisuke Sannan."

Keisuke: "I can introduce myself, Kondou."

Yuki: "Nice to meet you."

Kondou nodded.

Hijikata: "The rest of you leave us. We have a matter to discuss."

Everyone did as he said and left, only leaving him, Kondou and Sannan. What the hell did I get myself into? I'm only trying to find the one who killed my father.

Sannan: "What were you doing in the streets at this hour?"

Kondou: "It has become very dangerous to be out at night."

I put my head down and sighed.

Yuki: "I was out trying to get information."

Hijikata: "On what or who?"

I closed my eyes and shook my head.

Yuki: "That doesn't matter now."

Hijikata: "It'd be wise to cooperate."

Koundo: "Toshi! Little one, why is it that you're trying to get information?"

Yuki: "I'm trying to get information on Kazama Chikage."

There eyes grew as I mentioned that name. I arched my brow at them in curiosity.

Sannan: "And what business do you have with that man?"

Yuki: "Personal business."

Hijikata: "A girl as weak as you shouldn't mess around with a monster like that."

Did he really just say that? That really pisses me off.

Hijikata P.O.V

I saw her eyes narrow as she looked at me. I raised and eyebrow at her.

Yuki: "If I may say; You don't know anything about me. So don't assume you do just cause I'm a girl."

Never has someone spoken to me that way. Something was off about her. Her eyes had somehow lit up with a tint of anger. Not only that, her voice seemed to deepened.

Hijikata: "Excuse me?"

Yuki: "I get that you saved me. Thank you for that, but I ask you to please don't assume you know me all that well."

Hijikata: "I see."

She looked away as she took a deep breath in and released it.

Kondou: "Well it's getting late. We'll decide what we will do with you tomorrow. You can stay here for the night."

Yuki: "Thank you."

Kondou nodded as Sannan and I walked out.

Kondou: "Heisuke, watch her for tonight. Untie her as well."

Yuki P.O.V

A boy with long brown hair and Bluish-green eyes came in and knelt down behind me, and began to untie me.

???: "Hold still while I untie you. OK?"

Yuki: "Alright."

There was silence as the boy untied me. I decided to break it.

Yuki: "Umm... Where am I?"

???: "This is the Shinsengumi headquarters."

Yuki: "The Shinsengumi!?"

???: "No need to be surprised. Yuki, right? I'm Heisuke Toudou. Most call me Heisuke"

Yuki: "Nice to meet you, Heisuke."

Heisuke: "There. All done. There's a tarmat in the closet there."

Yuki: "Thank you."

Heisuke: "No problem. Goodnight Yuki."

I nodded as he closed the door behind him. I sighed, took oit the tarmat he had spoken off, turned out the light, and finally went to bed.