Chapter 1

General Narration

A girl with black hair walked through Kyoto's winter streets, carrying a case of clothing and two katanas at her waist.

Yuki P.O.V

Where should I go? It's getting late and getting colder? If I don't find a place to stay, not only will I freeze to death, but those rouge samurai, I've been hearing about, will surely spot me.

???: "Hey little lady. Need a place to stay? How bout my place?"

Oh no. I had to open my mouth. A man came out of the shadows with his katana in hand. I got a little worried.

Yuki: "Sorry sir, but who are you may I ask?"

???: "Me? My name is Usui."

Yuki: "I see. Well it's very nice meeting you, but I must take my leave."

General Narration

Yuki turned on her heel and walked down the alley. The man smiled and followed her. Her paces grew quicker as did his, until finally she was running. He ran after her, easily catching up as he crapped her arm and pushed her into the wall.

Yuki: "Sir Usui, please. You don't want to do that."

Usui: "And why not, darling? What will you do about it?"

Yuki P.O.V

At that moment, I thought to myself, What will happen? Will I transform again? Will I know what I'm doing? Suddenly I heard a hissing noise. The man looked to his left as he starred in horror. I looked as well. It was a man with white hair, a light blue and white coat, along with some gray pants. I never knew what there were called. He came over to the man and stabbed him right in the forehead. I covered my mouth so I wouldn't scream. The creature looked at me.

Creature: "Blood. Give me blood."

Yuki: "St-stay away f-from m-me."

The creature came closer and closer as droll fell from his mouth. I closed my eyes tightly. Suddenly the creature yelled out in agony. I opened mu eyes and stared in horror. The creature laid on the floor, motionless. I looked up to see three men in front of me. It was hard to see them, because it was dark. The one the left held his blade to my throat.

???: "Run or turn your back on us, and I'll kill you."

I let out a sigh of anxiety and relief, though I don't know why, as I stared at the blade, about ready to slice my throat.

???: "You saw it didn't you?"

A man in the middle asked.

Yuki: "P-pardon?"

???: "You saw that thing didn't you?"

The one on the right asked after the one in the middle.

Yuki: ".......Y-yes, but I promise, I....I won't say anything, just please don't kill me."

???: "Saito."

The one on the left addressed the one in the middle. He stepped forward as the man removed his sword from my throat. The one that came forward and did something to me. I don't know what, but I'll I knew is that I suddenly began to get sleepy.

General Narration

Saito stood up and looked over to the other men.

???: "Oh come on Hijikata. No killing?"

The one on the right argued with the one on the left.

Hijikata: "That is a civilian, you idiot."

???: "Yeah, but-"

Saito: "Souji, shut up and listen to the vice- commander."

Souji: "You guys are no fun. Well, what do we do with her?"

Hijikata: "Take her back to headquarters for questioning."

Souji: "What!? You're kidding right?"

Hijikata looked over at Souji, with a death glare.

Hijikata: "Does it look like I'm kidding?"

Souji sighed in defeat as he turned around and walked off.

Hijikata: "Saito, take her stuff and go on after him. I'll take the girl."

Saito: "Yes sir."

Saito grabbed Yuki's belongings and went as ordered, while Hijikata lifted Yuki in his arms and headed after them.