Chapter 8

The Next Day

Yuki P.O.V

I was finally able to move around a little, but I wasn't able to leave my room. The others were afraid that if I began working the wound would open up. That's what I didn't get. Ah why wasn't it healing? It shouldn't hurt, or still be there. What was going on?

Yuki: *Hey Gina. You there?*

No answer from my inner-self. That worried me.

Yuki: *Gina?*

Gina: *What? I'm here.*

Yuki: *You OK?*

Gina: *I will be.*

Yuki: *Was it about the other night?*

Gina: *Yuki, the reason you couldn't heal was because of the blade one of those rouge samurai used.*

Yuki: *What does that have to do with not healing?*

Gina: *The blade was laced in a liquid. That liquid was night shade.*

Ah shit. Night shade was a deadly plant that my kind feared. If contact was made and not treated soon, then we would die. I was lucky. Thank you Shinpachi.

Yuki: *Gina, get some rest. You need it.*

Gina: *Yuki, there's something I need to tell you.*

Yuki: *What?*

Gina: *When Sannan and Hijikata were treating your wounds, you shifted. I shifted.*

Yuki: *What!?*

Gina: *I'm sorry. I tried to stop it. But this time it was beyond holding back.*

Yuki: *How? It's your choice if you want to come out or not. We're you forced?*

Gina: *It was the amount of pain you were in. It lead to that. Your body couldn't handle it.*

Oh my god, Sannan and Hijikata saw Gina. Oh fuck. What the hell do I do?

Yuki: *Gina, thank you for telling me. Get some rest now.*

Gina: *I'm sorry, Yuki.*

Yuki: *Don't apologize. Its not your fault. Now get some rest."

Gina: *Thank you."

I ended my psychic patch with Gina and began to think. They'll no doubt question me. I guest I'll just have to endure it. If I leave I'll be in the streets, not only that, they'll surely track me down and kill me.

???: "Yuki?"

Hijikata. That was way sooner than I expected. Well here we go.