Chapter 3

Next Morning

Kondou P.O.V

I walked towards the room, Yuki was in. I was met by Hijikata and Sannan.

Hijikata: "Kondou, she's awake."

Sannan: "We couldn't start without you."

I nodded as I knocked on the panel.

Kondou: "Yuki, are you up? We're coming in."

Yuki: "OK."

I slid the door open to find Yuki sitting there as she made her hair into a braid, leaving it over her chest, when she finished. We sat in front of her as she faced us.

Yuki: "Good morning."

Kondou: "Good morning. Now. I'll get to the point. Why are you after Kazama?"

Yuki closed her eyes and sighed.

Yuki: "It's simple, really......... Revenge."

She looked at us with such cold eyes. It was creepy. Now I know what Harada meant.

Yuki: " Let me ask you. Are your swords of the same blacksmith?"

Hijikata: "Yes. Why?"

Yuki: "May I see it?"

Hijikata: "For what?"

Yuki: "You want to know why I'm investigating Kazama, don't you? I need to inspect your sword."

General Narration

Hijikata: "What does my sword have to with any of this?"

Yuki: "The answer you seek is on your blade."

Hijikata hesitated, but then stood up and handed her his sword. As she said she looked over it and took it out if the holder, inspecting it again.

Yuki: "Here."

She pointed.

Yuki: "Tell me, what does that say?"

She pointed as they looked at it.

Sannan: "Takami Shirayuki."

Yuki: "Allow me to reintroduce myself. My name is Yuki Zarate Guadalupe Shirayuki."

Sannan : "Shirayuki?"

Yuki: "That's right. I want to avenge the man who made your swords. The man I call my father."

Kondou: "I see."

Yuki: "Well I've told you. Can I go now. If I am to find Kazama, I have a long journey ahead of me."

Hijikata: "No you can't."

Yuki: "And why is that?"

Yuki was beginning to get angry as she looked at Hijikata, unpleased.

Sannan: "Unfortunately, you saw our failed fury. That is a secret, no one knows."

Yuki: "Fury?"

Hijikata: "The creature that attacked you, rampaging for blood."

Yuki: "Ah I see. Do I have a choice?"

Hijikata: "No it's either stay here or be killed."

Yuki didn't say another word as she bit the inside of her lip.

Kondou: "Tell you what. You live under our rules and our ways and we'll help you track down Kazama. If we find him, it wouldn't be the first time we run into him."

Yuki thought about it and sighed.

Yuki: "Very well. One condition."

Hijikata: "And what would that be?"

Yuki: "Never underestimate me again."

She said as she looked at Hijikata.

Yuki P.O.V

I gave him my cold hearted stare as I sighed deeply.

???: "Alright!"

Yuki: "Heisuke? Were you listening?"

Heisuke: "Everyone was."

???: "Hey I'm Shinpachi Nagakura. Let's look out for each other from now on. Sound good Yuki?"

A man with reddish-brown hair, a green headband that went over his forehead, and blue colored eyes said with a smile

Yuki: "OK. Nice to meet you Shinpachi."

???: "I'm Sanosuke Harada."

Another man with dark red hair, and dark amber colored eyes said with a small grin. I nodded.

???: "You can call me Saito."

A man with dark blue colored eyes and indigo colored hair that over lapped his right eye.

???: "I'm Souji Okita."

Another man with reddish-brown hair and emerald green colored eyes, told me as I nodded.

Saito: "Hijikata, what will her role be?"

Hijikata: "Just make her someone's page. Like Kondou's or Sannan's."

Souji: "Ah, ah. Not so fast."

Souji said as he looked over at Hijikata.

Hijikata: "What?"

Souji: "The one who makes the proposition should assume responsibility."

Hijikata: "Huh!?"

He reacted a little too much. Does this mean I'm stuck serving a jerk like him. I sighed. Great just great, just my luck.

Kondou: "Alright then, its decided."

Sannan: "Right. Hijikata, please take good care of her."

What did he mean by that?

Yuki: "Hey wait a minute. What do you mean "take good care of her?" I don't need a babysitter, I can take care of myself."

Kondou and Sannan stood up, completely ignoring me, and began leaving the room.

Hijikata: "H-hey. Wa-wait. You bastards. I didn't agree to this!"

Kondou: "No. We decided for you."

They had all left the room as they laughed. I didn't see how any of this is funny. I looked over at Hijikata as he looked back at me as well. He sighed as I rolled my eyes.

That was the start of my not so boring life. This is gonna be just great.