Chapter 15

Note: "For those of you who didn't know, I have this story made in the 20th century.

Next Day

Yuki P.O.V

We were all lined up on the deck as Captain Smith passed by us. He was tall, had a navy suit, and a white captains hat. He walked up and down talking about that he didn't want any arguments, or slackers.

Smith: "Now that I have that aside, I'd like to introduce our guests. Yuki Shirayuki, Toshizo Hijikata, Sanosuke Harada, Shinpachi Nagakura, Toudou Heisuke, and Hajime Saito. They will be traveling with us to North America, they are Kyoto's Shinsengumi, so be nice."

I could hear everyone whisper amongst themselves as soon as Captain Smith mentioned us being Shinsengumi. I nodded at the captain as he nodded back and dismissed the crew. The others and I were in a corner against the rails looking at the ocean.

Heisuke: "How big for you think the ocean is?"

Yuki: "I don't know it's pretty big and pretty deep."

Saito: "It looks so beautiful in the shinning light of the sun."

Hijikata: "Just wait til sundown comes."

Yuki: "That's right."

Harada: "Look over there."

Harada pointed out to a few dorsalbfins sticking out of the waves.

Shinpachi: "Whoa sharks!"

Yuki: "No, they're dolphins. One if earth's smartest creatures."

Shinpachi: "Well aren't you a nerd."

Yuki: "Leave me alone. I watched a show when I was a kid."

Hijikata: "And you remember that til now, wow."

I rolled my eyes and looked out as the dolphins began to jump in and out of the water. The peace didn't last long when I heard Frutelio's voice.

Frutelio: "Hey deboli. Non stare cosi vicino all bordo, si cade fuori bordo."

That is so corny. Are you serious? Coward why not just say that in English instead of Italian. Well I got something for you, you over grown weasel. Everyone sighed and turned to face him.

Heisuke: "Anybody have any idea what he just said?"

Saito: "I have no idea."

Yuki: "He said, hey weaklings. Don't stand so close to the edge, you'll fall over board."

Hijikata: "Persistent son of a bitch huh? Even are we warned him."

Hijikata stepped foward to take this guy on. I held him back.

Yuki: "Let me handle this."

I then stepped foward.

Yuki: "Porque no dices eso en ingles, cobarde. Cree usted que no le entendemos?"

Why don't you say that in English, coward. Do you think we don't understand you?

I felt the others looking at me in astonishment. Haha, didn't think I knew Spanish huh? Wrong.

Frutelio: "Usted habla otra idioms. Impresionante."

You speak another language. Impressive.

Yuki: "Claro que si."

Yes of course.

I stopped talking as we started down at each other.

Yuki: "What do you want?"

Frutelio: "Just to warn you. Watch your back. I don't care you are."

Hijikata stepped foward, deciding he had enough.

Hijikata: "I don't give a shit what you think. We're not afraid of people like you."

Frutelio laughed as he chewed on the toothpick he had in his mouth. Without another word he turned on his heel and walked away.

Saito: "This is gonna be a long trip."

Yuki: "No kidding. Especially since we might have to deal with wanna - be tough guy."

I held up my fingers in quotation marks around tough guy. They all laughed as I laughed as well. I began to think of what my family may be like now. It's been around 16 years since I last saw them.

Yuki: "Don't worry mother, I'm on my way."