Chapter Three: Second Kiss

"Sorry I'm late, I was with professor McGonagall.", She said, the whole class turned to look at her.

"Ah! Miss Granger! Please don't worry, come in, come in." Professor Slughorn said with a loose smile, She walked through the class and stood next to Harry with her book in her hand."Please, take your places, open page 42 and make this potion. Remember be careful and make it correctly, we don't want to sit this place on fire, do we?" Professor Slughorn laughed

Everyone took their place, and started following the instructions. As always Seamus had a black face and his hair was messy as his potion blew up. Hermione tried her best to make it, Ron wasn't sure what he's doing. Harry wiped his forehead as he spoke "get me Snape's book, please!" Hermione smiled and shook her head.

"Sir?" They all turned to where the voice is, it was Malfoy. He finished his potion already, "it's perfect!" Professor Slughorn said testing Draco's potion, "well done Mr. Malfoy! Well done!" He said as he shook hands with Draco. The class was surprised, no one except that Draco Malfoy can do something right. He was proud but never showed that, he was cold. With no expression on his face.

Everybody had left the class, their walk was awkward until Hermione spoke "I have a new room.." She sighed loudly, "I won't be staying in the Gryffindor dormitory .. No more."

"What?" Ron asked

"It turns out that the prefects have another room to stay in. Luna and I.. We're sharing the same common room now." She explained

"So, I won't be able to see you?nit until you leave your common room? Not until you finish your work and studies?" Ron stopped and his eyes told he was getting angry.

"No! Of course not, I mean I can still come to the Gryffindor common room.. I guess.. But, we'll still see each other Ronald" she said holding his hand to her smaller ones. He wrapped his arms around her, to hold her, she rested her head on his chest.

*three weeks later*

"We're going home!" Seamus said running towards us "McGonagall decided to give us a break! For a week!" He said with excitement. He sat next Ginny as he explained more."Now that sounds good! I miss home" Ron said, he wrapped and arm on Hermione's waist, who was sitting on his left. She smiled at him, taking another sip of her pumpkin juice. It was dinner already,

"I have some words to say before the feast begin, I believe each one of you heard about the break that we are for students for this week. The train will be leaving tomorrow at three this afternoon, so please make sure to be there at time." The whole school was excited, "unfortunately," they all turned to look at her again "the prefects won't be leaving." Ron' Harry, Ginny, Seamus, Dean and Neville looked Hermione as she said, "what?!"

"They will have to stay to keep an eye on the students who are not leaving Hogwarts." McGonagall finished as she took a step back and the feast began. Hermione let out a gasp as she turned around.

"But this is not fair!" She heard Ginny's voice

"Well.. We can stay too.", Harry said

"No, no it's okay.. You guys go I'll be okay." She gave them a weak smile, a moment later she left to her common room, she was sad. As she was sitting next to her window she heard the room sung open. She walked to the common room to find Luna,"I'm sorry, you won't be able to spend time with Ron" she said, Hermione smiled at her and shrugged. "I had plans with Neville too.. Now he's sad we won't able to see each other for a week, he wanted to stay.. But his grandmother forced him to come." She sat on the couch next to the fireplace.

"I'm sorry to hear that, Luna.. We all planned for this week.", Hermione said as she sat next to Luna.

"Well we still can be relaxing for a bit. No classes for a week and there was not many students to take care of them. I have some friends in Ravenclaw who are staying too." She smiled