54

K A T

I had absolutely no idea why Harry wanted to get on the Ferris wheel, because once he had told me he was afraid of heights. Was he trying to deem himself as brave? This just seemed foolish.

I was just as upset with him as he was with me. But it was for a different reason; I wanted him safe from all harm.

I wasn't going to have him go through all this only to have to do it again. He would surely collapse in under his own weight from all the constant pressure that would bring.

Soon we were first in line, and we piled into a cart. Kimberly and I sat on one side, with Harry on the other. His deadly stare was aimed right into my eyes, making me shift uncomfortably and the cart rock.

"Stop that." he said curtly, looking down-- even though we hadn't left the ground yet.

His attempt to look bold was going horribly awry.

We lifted off the ground, and every passing second was worse than the last. Harry clutched his side of the shaking cart, looking down. I could see that his hands were shaking and he was an anxious mess.

After all, there was a difference between a phobia and a fear.

As mad as I was at him, I just couldn't stand to see him like this. I was just about to get up and move over when...

"Please hold my hand." he said, his voice unsteady and frightened. Just the way he sounded so vulnerable caused me to boot up and quickly sit next to him, lacing his hand in mine.

Instead of looking down into the park, his eyes met mine and stayed there-- fixed on me.

"I'm sorry." he said shyly. "You're right."

Now I felt bad. Great. Just great.

"We can do it." I said slowly. "The interview, I mean. I just don't want anything to happen to you."

"Really?" he asked, his voice full of hope.

I sadly nodded. I really didn't want to do this, but I was only going through with it because of the influence Harry had on me.

Just as I thought he was going to start jumping with glee, he pulled the card out of his pocket. "But how are we going to get an interview if we don't know her number?" he asked with that signature smirk on his face, before ripping the paper in half and tossing it off the side of the cart.

My heart fluttered.

Harry was literally the dream guy every girl wishes for.

"Anything for you." he said so smugly and smoothly, as if he were trying to make me feel like mush. "Lovely girlfriend. I love saying that." he smiled from ear to ear.

I gave him a slight hug, because any more of one would've made the cart shake and that would've made Harry shake as well. "You're the best."

Kimberly just watched. But then I realized, this day was supposed to be for her. No matter how important our journey with this whole gang violence was.

"Want to go ride that blue rollercoaster over there?" I asked her and her eyes widened with excitement.

I had seen the way she was eyeing it before, and figured she would like to give it a go. Boy was I right.

"Sure!" she giggled and her mood instantly boosted.

Finally, all of us were happy again.

The cart made its way to the bottom and came to a full stop. Harry was more than happy to get off, but our hands never left each others' warmth.

This was how I wanted to spend the rest of my life. With Harry.