Chapter 55

|Scott McCall|

"My asthma's back. I'm not sure how but it came back. Just as bad as it used to be. Now I keep my inhaler on me all the time just like I used to. It's been five days. We haven't seen any chimera and we haven't seen the dread doctors. We all go to school, pretending like nothing's happened but everyone seems to know. You just walk down the halls and no one's smiling or laughing. I get the feeling that everyone can sense that something's coming. I just don't know what it is or how bad it's going to be. Every time I feel like I should do something about it, I find myself reaching for my inhaler, like I'm gonna take a hit of it and some up with some brilliant solution on how to save everyone but I don't know what to do. I don't think anyone does. That's why no one's really talking to each other. Sometimes we don't even notice each other. I think some of us are okay with that because not talking makes it easier to keep secrets. I don't know if anyone's really lying about things, maybe it's more like lies of omission. Maybe the worst lie is to Stilinski because no one's told him about Parrish yet. Then again, No one told Parrish either. He doesn't seem to remember taking the bodies. I think he's only really dangerous if you get in his way. If Stilinski knew the truth, he'd definitely get in the way. Stiles, Scar and Lydia are trying to find the bodies, which means finding the Nemeton, but the last time we found this thing, the three of us almost had to drown ourselves in ice water. We aren't the only ones looking for chimeras. Stilinski's got everyone looking for the next target, questioning anyone who's a genetic chimera, anyone who's got two sets of DNA, no one really knows what they're looking for though. Some think it's a serial killer, some probably know its worst. The two chimeras that we know about, Hayden and Corey, they're both doing okay, actually better than okay. They're getting stronger. They don't need our help. I don't think they want it anyway. Still haven't heard from Kira. I'm getting more and more worried about Deaton. I know something's coming and all I can think about is how good I'm gonna be if I can't even breathe." I explained everything to Theo.

"You sound like you're trying to apologize."

I shrugged, "You came back looking for an alpha, I guess I'm sorry that you found me."

"I'm not sorry."

"You still wanna be part of the pack?" I asked.

"Scott, I'm with you. For better or worst." Theo promised.

"Trust me, there's gonna be worst."

"I'm counting on it."

___________________________
|Scar Stilinski|

"It's like this thing doesn't want to be found." Stiles said, referring to the Nemeton.

"Maybe it knows we're late for class, because we've been here twice." Lydia pointed to the tree with two white x's on it.

They were using chalk to mark every tree we walked by.

"Crap." Stiles mumbled.

"Can we talk to Parrish now?" I asked.

"Hang on, if the Nemeton's covered in bodies, shouldn't you be able to find them?" Stiles asked Lydia.

"Me?" She pointed to herself.

"Yes, you. That's what you do. You're the banshee, you find the bodies."

"Well, the banshee's having an off day, so can we listen to Scar?"

I smiled at Lydia.

Stiles sighed, "We can't."

"Why not?"