Chapter 45

|Scar Mejia|

I ran downstairs to get my phone that woke me from my slumber.

"Yeah?" I answered while yawning.

That wasn't attractive....

"D-did I wake you up? I-I'm sorry." Liam stuttered.

"It's fine. What's wrong?"

"Can you come over? It's okay if you can't. I just-"

I interrupted him, "Shut up. I'm be there in 5 minutes." I said before hanging up.

I slipped on one of Stiles' old baseball hoodies and my black vans before going to Liam's house. Dr. Dunbar opened the door when I got there.

"Hey, Dr. Dunbar!" I said with another big yawn.

He laughed at my tiredness, "Hello, Scarlett. Liam's in his room."

I nodded and followed the sound of violent video games. I walked in to see Mason and Liam playing Call of Duty.

"Hey, Scar." Liam said before killing Mason's character.

"When did you get so good? Have you been practicing or did you just suddenly get superhuman reflexes?" Mason asked Liam.

"Uh, practicing... I've been practicing." He replied.

I winked at Liam while Mason wasn't looking.

"It's getting late and we should be studying." Mason said, standing up.

Liam's heart starting pounding. "Wait, where are you going?" He asked.

"Home? We have a history test tomorrow." Mason replied.

"Come on. One more game."

"Yeah. You said that four games ago." Mason said walking toward the door.

"Study here! You two can stay over!" Liam looked between the both of us. "Come on. One more game. Just one." He begged.

Something was off about him.

"You okay?" I asked.

"You're right. You should go. I should probably study too... See ya' in school." Liam said playing with the controller.

I turned to face Mason, "You can go home and study. I'll stay with him."

He nodded and left.

"I don't know what's going on with you but if you want to talk about it, I'll be here all night."

I walked out of his room and into the bathroom next door over. I heard Liam's heart start to race again. I heard him say, "You're not there" about three times. I walked back into his room to see him breathing heavily.

"Who were you talking to?"

"Nothing. No one. I'm fine." Liam replied, calming down a little.

I picked up a video game and threw it on the bed next to him.

"I know that something's going on and I know you don't want to talk about it. But you're my friend and pack mate. So when you're ready to talk, talk. Until then, I know that I can kick your ass in at least one of these games."

He looked up at me and I nodded. Liam reached behind him to pick up the game I threw on the bed.

"Never played this one." I smirked and we ran to the TV.
___________________________

"Everything's fine. I got a text from him this morning and he said he might be a little late." Stiles told Liam and I.

It's the big game against Devenfort Prep and Scott nor Kira aren't here yet.

"Well, how late is late? Is he always late? We're playing Devenfort Prep again and this time it's an actually game. He shouldn't be late!" Liam yelled, gaining the attention of Coach.

"Who shouldn't be late?" He asked.

We looked at each other and sighed. "Scott and Kira."

"They might be slightly late."

"Slightly late is still late. What are they doing?"

I rubbed the back of my neck.

"They're doing something that's going to make them slightly late." Stiles answered.

"What could Scott and Kira be doing right now that's more important than playing in the first game?"

"I can list a few things." I muttered, earning a glare from Stiles.
___________________________

"They're still not here." Liam said.

"Okay, what's really going on? Are you nervous about the full moon? It's not for another 24 hours." Stiles said to Liam.

"Is that what's been bothering you all this time?" I asked him.

Liam ignored me and looked up at the moon.

"Liam, you're going to be fine. Okay, Just try not to rage out on anyone."

"You're not worried?" Liam asked Stiles.

"Okay, I'm mildly concerned." He admitted, "Mildly."

I saw Stiles pull out his phone to text Scott. <How late you gonna be? Very worried. Very.>

"We're gonna lose without him." Liam said with no emotion.

"No, we're not. We can be just as good without Scott. Okay? I've been practicing. Let me tell you something. I'm getting good. Really good."
___________________________

I flinched as three players rammed into Stiles, knocking him onto his back. I jogged over to him.

"Oh yeah, you're really good." I laughed, helping him up.

"Don't mock me, Scarlett Rose." I smacked him on the back of the head. "Ow! I'm gonna call Scott again."

The referee blew the whistle for a time-out.

"All right. Neither of them are answering. I gotta go see what's going on." Stiles told us.

"I'll go with you."

"You're both leaving me? What are you going to tell Coach?" Liam asked.

We looked over to see Coach throw his clipboard and yelling.

"Uh, you don't tell him anything. Okay? You're going to be okay. All right?" Stiles patted his shoulder.

I hugged Liam goodbye. "Go kick their asses for me." I smiled before running after Stiles.
___________________________

"What the hell happened?" Stiles looked around Derek's loft.

"It was supposed to be a date." Derek answered.

"They were both here?" Sheriff asked.

"And they're both gone." Braeden replied.

I heard Stiles' phone vibrate. "Hey."

I listened to the conversation. Looks like we're going back to Mexico...

-Sorry for any typos‼️