Chapter 37

|Scar Mejia|

"Of course you're still the team Captain. You got your grades up just like Coach told you to, right?" Stiles asked Scott.

"Yeah, but he never told me I was back on the team. He just told me to show up at tryouts today."

"As Co-Coach, I'll make sure you maintain your title." I patted Scott on the shoulder.

"We've got bigger things to deal with anyway. Did you tell Argent yet?"

"Ah! I texted him but he didn't get back to me."

I looked at Scott, "You told him his sister Kate came back from the dead over a text?"

"I didn't have the money to call France."

"Yeah, you think you got money problems? Try paying for an MRI and a visit to Eichen House." Stiles mumbled.

"Another notice?" Scott asked.

Stiles nodded, "Yeah, this one said, 'Final.'"

"I already told you that I could pay the bill." I reminded him.

"No, you're not paying that much money. Now, what the hell are we even doing here anyway? We got like 117 million problems and worrying about our status on the lacrosse team is not one of them."

"It is now." Scott nodded toward the field.

I turned around to see someone in the goal, catching every ball that was thrown at him.

"Who the fück is that?" I asked.

The new kid took off his helmet. He looked young, hot, but still young.

"Okay, maybe we should just practice a little bit."
__________________________

"Hey, Liam. You want to explain what that was out there?" Stiles asked.

Liam looked at him confused, "What do you mean?" 

"That little display. Your little circus act." 

"What circus act?" Liam asked.

"You caught every shot."

Liam made a face, "I was in goal."

"Yeah, but nothing, not a single shot got past you." Stiles replied.

"Yeah, I was the goalie. You guys played this game before?" Liam asked.

"You're a freshman, right?" I asked.

Liam looked at me and nodded.

"But you weren't here last semester." Stiles added.

"I transferred from Devenford Prep." Liam's heart raced.

"You transferred?" Scott asked.

"Yeah."

"No, you got kicked out, didn't you?"

Liam looked at Scott weirdly. "Alright. Look! Kicked out or transferred, What do you guys care? I came here to play lacrosse. The team could use a few good players, right?"

Stiles shook his head, "No. No, we don't need anymore good players."

"Actually, we could sort of use a couple." Stiles glared at me.

"Okay, how'd you get this good? Have you always been this good or did it just suddenly happen overnight? Have you ever been out in the middle of the woods during the night of a full-," I cut Stiles off by hitting him on the back of his head.