Chapter 3

|Scar Mejia|

Scott and I ran through the hallway, trying to get to Isaac before they took him away. I opened the school door to see a police car with Isaac in the back. Isaac must've heard us because he turned and stared at us. He literally looked like a lost puppy. The car drove away. I sighed and turned to walk inside but I stopped when I heard tires screech.

"Get in. The both of you." A guy in a leather jacket and shades commanded.

"Are you serious? You did that. That's your fault!" Scott nearly yelled.

"You know this dude?" I asked

He nodded, still staring at the guy.

"I know that. Now, get in the car and help me."

Scott shook his head, "No, I've got a better idea. I'm gonna call a lawyer, because a lawyer might actually have a chance at getting him out before the moon goes up."

"Not when they do a real search of the house." The stranger said.

"What do you mean?" I asked him.

"Whatever Jackson said to the cops? What's in the house is worse. A lot worse."

Scott looked at me. I shrugged and got in.
_________________________________

"What's down there?" Scott asked.

We were currently in Isaac's house, walking into the basement. Something happened here. I could feel it.

"Motive." The stranger, who I now know as Derek, replied.

"There's also anger and violence." I mumbled.

"You can smell emotions?" Derek asked.

"When they're this strong? Hell yeah." I watched as Scott followed his senses all the way to a freezer.

"Open it."

Scott opened it and lifted the top. There were scratch marks all over the inside.

"This is why he said yes to you."

"Everyone wants power." Derek replied.

"If we help you, then you have to stop. You can't just go around turning people into werewolves."

"I can if they're willing."

"Did you tell Isaac about the Argents? About being hunted?" Scott asked.

"Yes, and he still asked."

"Then he's an idiot."

"And you're the idiot dating Argent's daughter." Derek said loudly.

I turned to Scott, "You're dating a hunter? Really, Scott?"

He ignored me and turned towards Derek.

"Yeah. I know you're little secret. And if I know, how long do you think it's gonna take for them to find out? You saw what happens to an omega. With me, you'll learn how to use all of your senses. With me, you learn control. Even on a full moon." Derek lifted up Scott's hand.

His claws were coming out.

"If I'm with you, I lose her." Scott told Derek.

"No offense, Scott, but you're going to lose her anyway. Hunters and werewolves can barely be acquaintances, they can't date either." I followed Derek towards the door.

"Wait. I'm not part of your pack but I want him out. He's my responsibility too." Scott mumbled.

"Why? Because he's one of us?"

"Because he's innocent."

__________________________________

Stiles' hand shot out to stop Derek from exiting the car.

"You're not going in there."

Derek glanced at Stiles' hand on his shoulder.

Stiles pulled his hand off, "I'm taking my hand off."

"I was exonerated."

"You're still a person of interest."

"An innocent person." Derek fired back.

"You? Haha, yeah, right... Okay, fine. What's your plan?" Stiles asked.

"To distract her."

I looked between them, slightly amused by their bickering.

"How? By punching her in the face?"

"By talking to her."

"Give me a sample. What are you gonna open with?"

Derek didn't respond.

"Dead silence. That should work beautifully. Any other ideas?" Stiles asked.

"I'm thinking about punching you in the face."

I held back a laugh, "Alright guys, we're wasting time. Let's go." I got out of the jeep.
__________________________________

Stiles and I snuck into the back of the police station while Derek flirted with the lady at the front desk. We walked through the hallways for the hunter who stole the keys. A few seconds, we ran into a guy who had an arrow stuck in his leg.

Uh oh.

He grabbed me and jabbed the Wolfsbane needle into my arm. He injected half of it into my arm. It burned like fire. The guy dragged Stiles and I towards where Isaac was. I reached up and scratched the guy's chest. The hunter dropped us and looked at where Isaac was supposed to be.

He broke out of the cell but where was he?

A wolfed-out Isaac tackled the hunter, before bashing his head into a wall and knocking him out. Derek walked in, accidentally stepping on the needle and breaking it. Isaac growled at Stiles. I pushed Stiles behind me. Isaac started to walk towards us but Derek roared at him. He backed away and changed back into his human form.

"How'd you do that?" Stiles asked.

"I'm the alpha." Derek replied.