Chapter 5

^Casey Lemieux (Charlie Hunnam)

|Scar Mejia|

I zipped up my hoodie and pulled the hood over my head. I had waited until Stiles and John had left the house before leaving. It was pretty cold out here for California weather. I jogged downtown and to a near by pay phone. I dropped in 50 cents and dialed a friend of mine.

"Hello?" He answered.

"Hey, Casey."

"Where the fücking hell have you been, Scarlett?!" Casey yelled.

Casey Lemieux had been a father figure in my life since my real one died. He's also apart of my old pack.

"Long story short? I got into trouble again and they sent me to California to live with a Sheriff."

I heard him sigh, "Jesus Christ, Scar. Wait, where's Jon?"

"That's why I called you. He isn't with me. The officers said that he deserves a chance at a better family. I need you to watch him for me." I explained the situation.

"Yeah, Of course. We will watch him for ya'."

I nodded even though he couldn't see me, "Thank you, Case. I owe you one."

"Just be safe and try not to get into anymore trouble."

"You too. I'll call you again soon."

We hung up the phone. God, it was good to hear his voice.

Kill her. Another familiar voice echoed through my head.

"No. I'm not hurting anyone else." I whispered.

Kill her.

I walked toward a lady that was walking down the street.

"She's innocent."

I SAID KILL HER.

"Hi, sweetheart. Isn't it kind of late for you to be out here?" The lady asked kindly.

"I'm so sorry." I said to her.

"Why are you-," She wasn't able to finish her sentence because I slit her throat.

"I'm sorry that I'm a monster."

As I was walking home, it started pouring. Fucking fantastic. I walked past an auto-repair shop that was swarmed with the police and ambulance. I saw Sheriff and Stiles talking inside the ambulance. Was he hurt? I snuck past them and ran home. My phone buzzed. It was from an unknown number.

[Need your help training. -Derek]

I sighed and shoved my phone in my pocket. This ought to be good.
___________________________________

Isaac smirked before flipping over a cart, jumping over a table, before reaching out to attack me. Derek easily grabbed him by the neck and threw him down. He did the same approach six times and Derek threw him down every time. Erica tried to attack him from above but Derek threw her next to Isaac.

"No offense... but y'all suck at this. Very badly."

"Does anyone want to try not being completely unpredictable?" He asked, with his back turned.

When Derek turned around, Erica jumped on him and kissed him. He instantly threw her back on the ground. Ouch.

"That's the last time you do that."

"Why because I was bitten?" Erica asked.

"No, because I have someone else in mind for you."

"Are we done? 'Cause I got about 100 bones that need a few hours to heal." Isaac said.

"Let me see."

Isaac held out his arm towards Derek, which he broke, making Isaac scream.

"101. You think I'm teaching you how to fight, huh? Look at me! I'm teaching you how to survive." Derek yelled.

I stood up, "Alright, you've made your point. Let him go."

Derek listened to me.

"If they wanted us dead, why aren't they coming for us now? What are they waiting for?" Isaac asked.

"I don't know but they're planning something and you, especially, know that's not our only problem. Whatever that thing is that killed Isaac's father, I think it killed someone else last night. And until I find out what it is, you all need to learn everything that I know. As fast as Scarlett and I can teach you." Derek said before going into his 'room'.
__________________________________

I flinched as the really huge guy on the opposite team, tackled one of our players. I was currently at the lacrosse game with Erica and Boyd. Derek gave me the task of babysitting.

"Come on! Is that thing even a teenager? I want to see a birth certificate!" I heard Coach yell.

After 30 minutes, the player nicknamed the  "Abomination" wiped out half the team.

"You're short one player, Coach." The referee told him.

"Great. Where's Stilinski? You! Scarlett! You've watched enough practices to know how to play, right?" Coach asked me.

I nodded and stood up, but Erica grabbed my arm.

"Derek won't like this."

"He's not my alpha. I don't give a sh!t about what he likes." I walked over and grabbed a jersey from Coach.

"We got ourselves a player!"

They had to wait for me to put on the equipment before we could play.

"What are you doing?" Scott asked as I walked on the field.

"Getting rid of that thing."

We all got into our positions.

"Aw, look. They have a girl on the team." Some guy taunted.

"I wonder what she's hiding under that uniform."

The referee blew the whistle and I rammed into the "Abomination", knocking him out. The other players gasped.

"The bigger they are, The bigger... They...are!" Coach yelled.
___________________________________

The score was now tied but things were about to get ugly.

"You need to get off the field-your eyes, someone's gonna see you!"

The coach blew the whistle and I ran off, ignoring Scott. I stole the ball and ran down the field.

"Go, Scar!"

I whipped the ball past the goalie, making the score 6-5. The crowd cheered. Someone knocked me from behind, knocking me several feet before I hit the ground. The impact broke my leg.

"Scarlett!" Scott yelled.

"I'm fine. Help me up."

He grabbed my hand and yanked me up.

"Scar, don't move." Coach scolded me.

"It's okay. I'm fine." I told him.

"I could've sworn I literally heard bone breaking from where I sat." Momma McCall told me.

"Heard it? I felt it." Coach mumbled.

"I'm alright, seriously." I smiled as it slowly healed back into place.
__________________________________