Eleven

"Hey, May... C'mon wake up." Chase said while shaking my shoulder some.

I groaned and rolled over but fell off the seat and onto the floor. "Ow." I mumbled. Opening my eyes to the dim light of the garage I took Chase's hand and he pulled me up and out of the van. He pulled me into a quick hug and put his hand on the small of my back to guide me to his room.

"You were amazing tonight." He whispered.

"So were you." I sheepishly answered with a yawn. Chase opened the door to his room and I went inside while taking off my belt, jacket, gloves and boots. "Wake me up before noon please."

"No promises May." Chase said. He got into bed next to me and I moved slightly uncomfortable. "I don't bite May." He mumbled.

"I know, I just..," I paused. "Never slept with a guy before." My face flushed.

"I promise I won't try anything May, you're too special for that." He closed his eyes and I followed pursuit.

~*~*~

It's Sunday and to say the least I'm exhausted. All I've done today is sit on Chase's front porch and drink my hot cocoa at 1 in the afternoon. I sighed deeply and heard the door click open.

"You look terrible." Chase said chuckling as he wiped his hand through his messy hair.

"You sure know how to charm a girl Chase." I laughed back at him as I drummed my nails on the coffee mug.

"You really are an amazing singer May, just so you know..."

"I know, where would you be without me?" I joked.

Chase's face became serious and he looked away. "Lonely or dead probably knowing me."

"You can tell me anything, you know that, right?"

"I know but I didn't want to trouble you."

"Trust me, you won't Chase. I would be more than happy to help you or talk to you."

He smiled brightly. "You're something else May."

"I would hope so, I would hate to be like everyone else."

"Being the same is sooooo like mainstream." Chase said in a terrible white girl voice with tons of sass. I sat down my mug and looked out at the street.

"You know what I want to do?"

"No, what?"

"I want to get my first tattoo."

"What would you get?" He asked curiously.

"Either 'be free' or 'I'll carry on'" I spoke softly since they meant so much to me.

"I'll take you, if you want, like today."

"Really?"

"Yeah, it wouldn't hurt to get you a little present after all. Think of it as your early birthday gift from me."

"Thank you so much Chase!" I have him a big hug and I kiss on the cheek before running inside to get ready to go.

I sat down on the chair backwards so the tattoo artist had a clear view of my shoulder blade. I decided on "We'll carry on." Instead of my other ideas.

"Okay, I'm not going to lie to you May... This is going to hurt for a bit then your body will get used to it."

You might be wondering, how does the tattoo artist know me... Well he saw our band play and happened to pay attention.

"Okay, deep breathe 3..2..1.." I felt the needle drag across my back slowly and curve. It did hurt but I steadied my breathe and had a death grip on Chase's hand.

After awhile the pain seized and I didn't have to grip his hand tight anymore. Instead I just held it for my own pleasure.

"I added some little details if that's okay May." I turned my head and looked in the mirror at the small scripture in my back. It had a little dash and 'mcr' printed tiny next to we'll carry on.

"I love it Mark! Thank you so much for doing it."

"No problem, and it's on the house. You're a tuff little shit arn't you kid?"

"Damn, you have a tight grip May. I thought I lost circulation to my hand." I laughed and thanked Mark once again before leaving the shop and following Chase home.

------

Sorry for not posting in a while! I got super busy with school starting but I promise this will still be updated often when I have time!

👻❤️