Three

During first period I had rolled up my shirt sleeves as the classroom started to get warm. I fanned myself with my hand, then my notebook, I started to get desperate for air.

  I raised my hand and shook it with urge.

  "Yes Miss Harris?" Ms Tibets called on me questioningly.

  "Ms Tibets, could you open a window? I think I might faint. . ." She looked at me, then nodded.

  Chase turned around to look at me. "It's so cold in here, how are you hot?"

  I bit my lip, not wanting to tell this boy that I just met my situation. "I just get over heated easily. . ."

  He took a nice long look at my face before whispering "lies" to me and turning back around in his seat. I sat my head down on my notebook where I had drawn a nice fan with sugar skulls on it. I signed it quickly with a flick of my wrist as I started to feel light headed.

  "Miss Harris?"

  "Yes Ms Tibets?" I asked weakly.

  "Are you alright? You look a bit pal-"

  Before she finished I slid out of my seat and onto the tile floor. Tammy and Chase made a lunge for me so I wouldn't hit the floor but failed. A hard thunk thundered through my head as a groan escaped my lips before my eyes closed slowly.

  Everything started to fade slightly in my head, Tammy terrified and asking Ms Tibets what to do, everyone murmuring, and someone telling someone to take me to the nurses' office.

  I could here the response of a manly voice before his arm touched mine before everything had been turned off in my head.

_*•*_  _*•*_  _*•*_

  I groaned at the loud thumping in my head. I rolled over and heard a buzzing in my ear. "5 more minutes," I mumbled and heard laughing in response.

  I slowly opened my eyes and saw the nurse sitting next to her desk. I squinted against the bright school lights and noticed Chase in all his glory sitting right next to her, looking through my private sketchbook mind you.

  "Don't worry May," he smiled at me, "I went back to the class to grab our bags before coming back down here. Oh! And by the way, you are an amazing artist," he winked.

  I blushed slightly and sat up, rubbing my temples I looked up at the nurse hoping to enlighten me on what just happened to me.

  "I guess you're looking for an answer," the nurse chuckled while looking down at a clip board in her hand. "Nothing serious, just a regular faint that anyone could get. But, I do recommend drinking more water to prevent these from happening again.

  I nodded slowly remembering that the last time this happened was last year.

  "Well, here's a slip for missing class for both of you."

  "Thanks," I mumbled while fixing my hair and taking my note. I tried hiding my face behind my black shield of hair. It wasn't quite working with Chase following me and watching my every move.

  I stopped abruptly in the hallway and turned around to look at Chase, "What do you want with me?" I asked in a snippy tone.

  "Woah!" He put his hands up in defense. "I'm new here, and I thought you would like to be friends with you, you're like me."

  I gave him a questionable look.

  "Don't make me say it," He sighed.

  "We're the 'emo' kids."

  I scoffed at him slightly and started to head back to class even though I didn't want to.

  "You'll need me," he said which caused me to stop and turn back towards him.

  "What makes you think that?" I ask, my arms crossed around my chest.

  "You cut yourself, I saw your scars," He said calmly and with ease

  "Everyone has a story, but I'll only share it with you if you sit with me and my friends at lunch today. You'll know where to find us," I wink.

  Chase smiled, "Thanks."

  I turned around and started sauntering back to class when I realized he was still following me instead of heading to his own class.

  "Are you stalking me?" I asked jokingly over my shoulder.

  "No, we have the next class together May. Remember?"

  "Oh, yeah, um right," I blushed from slight embarrassment.

____

  "Okay time for roll call! Lily, Tammy, Frank, and Jack. This is Chase," They all said their mutual hellos.

  "Chase, this is my crew, or, well, the wallflowers," He said hello to everyone and sat down between Frank and me.

  "Lily," I asked, she looked up from her lunch and hummed. "David is with the nerds right?" She nodded and set down her fork.

  "After you told him that David's blue hair looked cool all the geeks thought you were like their god or something. So they're all going to color their hair today I guess," Lily mused.

  "Okay Chase. Time to take notes." He laughed.

  "Lily: The hipster and fangirl of many tv shows.

  Tammy: The book nerd and athletic girl

  Frank: The party animal and the guy that takes us out every Friday night to make us forget about our problems.

  Jack: The quiet guy and owns all knowledge and advice

  Last but not least me, May: I'm the Free Spirit that holds this group together."

  Chase nodded at all the information and ran a hand through his hair before whistling.

  Frank looked at Chase, "What about you? Give yourself your own label," he said, hand under chin.

  "I'm Chase, just the guy that plays video games too much and plays in a band. I listen to music for a living basically," he laughs ever so sweetly.

  "What's your bands name?" I asked Chase curiously.

  "Fatally Ours," he responded, obviously proud.

  "I write songs sometimes and have some lyrics you can have," I told Chase, fidgeting with my fingers.

  "I would love to have a look if you don't mind. Maybe you can sing for us too, like as a special guest, we actually play this Friday if you want to come?" He asked, puppy dog eyes and pout playing the part.

  We all pondered over it for a minute before decided to come, and me deciding if I wanted to sing or not.

  "Come home with me on Wednesday so we can start to practice," I nodded my head at Chase as he wrote down his number on a piece of scrap paper for me.

  Later that night I texted Chase a few lyrics I wrote.

(Authors Note: I really did write these lyrics.)

I'm not worth life anyways,
So when winter ends in May,
And tears last through July,
Think of me and sing,
"She's the one we left behind"

~*~*~
Thanks for reading!

Comment

Like

Vote

Chapter song: Cancer by My Chemical Romance (video above)