Epilogue

);

READ THE AUTHOR's NOTE AT THE END

Enjoy~
__________________________________________________

Dinah~

I was never good with writing stories until now. I couldn't feel the way words came together until I finally realized it wasn't the way they were written but the way the reader perceived them.

After high school was when all began to unravel to me. Those last two years were the best two years of my life. Normani and I actually started over. We decided to keep it mutual even though we knew there was more to us. Ally could see it. Lauren could see it. Even clumsy Camila could see it. We both knew we had love in our hearts for each other but wanted to wait for the right time to do it.

Junior year ended, senior year rolled in, and the fun began. We all got down and serious yet let loose when necessary. Senior was the best year for me not only because of the fun but because of the memories. The memories of Normani and I taking strolls. The memories of us finally getting special kisses together. The memories of me attempting to ask her out but then awkwardly adverting the topic. But the best memory was me finally coming out.

I had come out around Christmas time in Tempo 7. I had gotten Julie a card reading "Merry Christmas. I'm a ho-ho-homosexual" and then left. I had all my stuff already packed to go to a house that truly welcomed me. I had moved in with the Hernandez's.

Life just got better and better from there on out. I finally grew the metaphorical balls to ask Normani out and was climbing up to be class President. She and I were crowned Prom Queen and (Awkwardly Crossed Off King) Prom Queen. But it was okay. We still had each other as well as the girls.

I graduated class Valedictorian and Normani graduated with a full ride to the college of her dreams. Camila had perused her dreams of teaching while Lauren went after architecture. Ally got her medical degree and settled down with Troy, giving me the blessing named Angel that calls me Aunty Dinah. Well, he technically calls me Aunty Dinner but we're working on the bugs.

And me ? Oh, here I sit before you typing away about my experience in high school. Yes, the story was short but what really mattered was how you, the reader, took it in. How you perceived it. Life isn't made with long adventures and extravagant tales. Life consists of those small memories that make you smile at the mention of them. Life is a long story with multiple shorter ones to explain it.

"Honey, I'm home" Normani's voice snapped me out of my writing trance. A smiled spread on my face at the stereotypical way to enter the house. I pushed myself out of the chair and downstairs to my beautiful girlfriend. A black dress with matching black heels to go perfectly with her straightened hair.

"Hey baby. I missed you" I pecked her lips in which she quickly recuperated. Her arms flew around my neck as she pushed her lips more onto mine. I felt her tongue graze across my bottom lip.

I pulled away laughing, "Well I'm guessing you missed me too"

"I surely did" She looked deep into my eyes, a small smile playing on her lips.

"Whatcha smiling about Mrs. Soon-To-Be-Hansen ?"

"Oh just smiling at how lucky I am to have you Mrs. H- Wait Hansen ? Only H in my name is Hamilton. I'm not converting to Hansen"

I threw my head back laughing at her ridiculousness, "You say it like it's a religion"

"Yeah yeah. Whatever Mrs. Hamilton" She pushed away from me, a sexy glimmer in her eyes as she made her way upstairs.

"Hansen !"

"Hamilton !"

"Hanselton ?"

"Eww Dinah, shut up"

"Make me !" I blew her a playful raspberry, knowing she'd probably already went into the bathroom.

"Gladly" Next thing you know I see her figure sprint towards me, tackling me into the couch in the living room.

"HOLY SHIT ! MANI !" I shrieked as our bodies hit the couch, sending it to tumble to the side. Our bodies rolled off the furniture onto the carpet of our tiny living room. Once my back hit the floor, I flew up to check if Normani was okay. Luckily she was because she had done the exact same, her body straddling my waist. Soon enough we both busted out laughing at our silliness. After our laughs died down, Normani cuddled into the crook of my neck.

"Dinah ?" Her voice asked softly in her sweet tone.

"Hmm ?"

"Do you ever feel like this is all just too good to be true ?"

"Some days I wake up and pray that you're not a figment of my imagination. Because you're too perfect to be real"

"Smooth" She cooed making me laugh.

"Smooth indeed Mrs. Hamilton-Hansen"

This was that happiness I had always wanted. Right here with me. Right here in front of me. Right here supporting me.

Right Where I Need Her

__________________________________________________

MY SECOND BOOK EVER FINISHED OMFG

Thank you all for sticking to this shitty book ❤️

Now I'm still 5H AF, in the middle of editing this story, I've been writing a Normally fanfic called "Puppy Love"

IT IS OUT NOW. GO SHOW LOVE S'IL VOUS PLAÎT

I love you guys

~Ginita