Chapter 13

Anybody remember what happened to Dinah in the locker room ? Well it's aboutta happen again.

Enjoy~
__________________________________________________

Dinah~

It's been exactly three months since I've spoken to Normani.

Literally three months of emotions and complete and utter confusion.

After the first week of it all, I convinced Camila and Lauren that I was over her but it took me everything to get Ally on board and not pounce on her during gym, art, math, or merely anywhere in the building.

But the one person I couldn't convince:

Was myself.

I tried to keep my mind off her, even doing some activities. I even got into knitting. Who the hell randomly picks up knitting ? She'd be out of my mind for a minute but she'd eventually crawl right back in and plant herself there.

I hate this effect she has on me, but I'm gradually learning to forget about her. Not as in her as a person but the little moments I had with her; those are going to have to go.

I sighed deeply to myself as I straightened out my uniform. NJROTC ( Navy Junior Reserve Officer Training Corp) uniform. This year, all of us had a different elective the second quarter, meaning that we no longer were in the same elective class.

Which also meant no more art with Normani. But I still had her in some other classes which sucked.

Today was the day to wear the ROTC uniform at school, I admit it's fine to me; I personally don't care; it's just the shoes are hella uncomfortable and I left my hat in my gym locker. So here I am fast walking my way back into the locker room after school so I don't miss the bus.

"It'd a bitch if I have to walk all the way to Tempo today." I complained to myself. I was walking through the hallways alone. I've been feeling extremely lonely lately.

Camila found a guy named who goes to another school, Lauren has people practically all over her because of sports, and Ally is still in her strong relationship with her boyfriend Troy.

"Oomph !" I coughed out a person when I lightly bumped into them. I looked down to see a wrinkly old Asian man holding onto a mop.

"Sorry Mr. Pham !" I quickly apologized still trying to fast walk to the locker room. He was one of the school's janitors and I truly believe he is almost deaf.

I pushed my way through the heavy forest green doors of the locker room and tiptoed gently to the bank, still not sure if I was allowed here.

"God dammit ROTC. You're messing with my study time." I muttered under my breath as I finally got to my locker bank. I was already putting in my combination when I heard a noise echo throughout the locker room.

I flinched so hard my whole body practically hit the cold hard locker.

"Oww ! What the fu-" I was rubbing my arm and looking to see if it could've caused a bruise but my lips just froze in place.

She stared deep into her coffee colored orbs as she stared back into mine. To say these past three months must've done her well because she looked... Gorgeous.

Even in her high ponytail, simple white T-shirt, and short shorts she looked good. Scratch that she looked fantastic. I wanted to say so much to her these months we haven't spoken but now it all washed away and was down the drain. My mouth was desert dry just looking at her, how does she do this to me ?

"W-what are you doing here ?" She managed to say before I could. But before I could respond back a loud click noise interrupted our (almost happening) conversation.

"What the hell ?" I asked, my eyebrows furrowing. I jumped over towards the locker room entrance/exit doors and pulled the handle to open them but it didn't budge not a bit.

"What the hell ??" My voice raising in anxiety. No no no, this can't be happening.

I kept tugging and yanking trying to get the door open but it wouldn't open. Now Normani was walking over towards me confused as to what I was doing.

"It. Won't. Freaking. Open !" I gritted through every pull I did on the door.

"What ?!? How the hell is it locked ??" She yelled equally as concerned as I was.

"I don't know ?!? Janitors aren't supposed to lock up until la-" My voice trailed off knowing the culprit.

Mr. Pham.

"MISTER PHAM !!!" I banged my fist against the doors. That old man was the most confused in the whole building, I don't even know myself how he still has a job here.

I'm not gonna be stuck here with Normani. I'm not gonna be stuck here with Normani. I banged my fist harder knowing she was here with me.

"Mister Pham wait !! Please, don't leave me in here !!"

"No ! No ! Dammit !" I pounded my fist one last time before sliding my back down against the doors.

I held my face with my two hands sorrowfully. This could not be happening. I swear to you, this could not be happening.

I glanced up from my hands to see those same eyes looking down at me.

I'm stuck in this locker room with Normani.