Chapter 15

https://vine.co/v/erOOVDBDnKw

I love this edit with a burning passion

LAST CHAPTER BEFORE EPILOGUE );

Enjoy~
__________________________________________________

Dinah~

I couldn't stop the tears and sobs from leaving my body. Normani had tried multiple times to come and comfort me but I always pushed her away. I wanted her to see what she was causing with her own eyes. I didn't need her comforting.

"Dinah please," She begged, "Please let me help you" There was guilt drawn all over her sculpted face. I could tell I was getting to her easily.

"Fuck you and your help. I don't need your pity"

She ran her fingers through her hair in a frustrated manner, "How the hell am I supposed to pity what I don't know Dinah ?!"

I roughly grabbed her by her shirt collar and brought her face closer, "You wanna know what to pity Normani ?! Pity the fact that I can't sleep some nights because of him. Pity the fact that I have to endure a permanent damage to my ankle for the rest of my life because of him. Pity the fact that I can't come out to anyone but Lauren, Mila, and Ally. Pity the fact that I can't ever wake up happy to be in the house I lay my head in," My lip quivered as the tears just kept flowing, "Pity the fact that the one person I feel that could be different turned out to be just like him"

I dropped her shirt and just sat myself down on the bench, head deep in my hands. My body just seemed to never want the tears to stop; they just kept going and going while the sobs left with them. I felt her body press next to mine but nothing changed. The hands rubbing circles on my back didn't change the fact that I felt broken.

"Dinah," Normani's tone softer than before. I looked up from my hands, "Who's Nela ?"

That's when it all came rambling out. Sophomore year, a junior named Nela Otukolo befriended me while I was the only underclassmen in our Honors Biology. He was sweet at first, always doing the most gentlemen-like things for me and making me feel like a princess. I had always had a thing for football players and this linebacker had somehow caught my heart.

Months later, he'd asked me to become his girlfriend and I gladly accepted. Soon we were the it couple everyone aspired to be like. I began hanging out with some of his friends as well as get to know him better. I was living the dream; a good boyfriend, good grades, and no drama. A good high school experience.

But weeks after weeks the real Nela unraveled himself to me. He became friskier with me in ways I didn't appreciate and he tried multiple times for us to do it. One night when I was out with him and refused to have sex with him, he'd hit me. Not once but multiple times. It triggered something inside him because time after time when I didn't do as he said, he'd hit me. He'd slowly pulled me away from my friends and I was miserable. The girls and I had tried multiple times to get back together but he'd always get in the middle of it.

Then one day, he must've had enough of me refusing sex. We were at Tempo 7 when he came onto me. I had fought and fought for my freedom but I wasn't strong enough. He had me held down when Danielle came downstairs and saw the situation. She called Nadine to help as she snatched me away from Nela. But it only made him angrier. He knew I was planning on going to try out for softball with Lauren, so he took my bat and began swinging. I knew he was aiming for Danielle so I pushed her away, just in time for it to come in contact with my ankle. I could feel the hatred and anger he'd put into that swing because it surely showed it.